The only way to get an accurate reading of your gentlemen’s package is to actually measure it. But how exactly?
Do you measure stretched out or leave it limp?
Do you straighten a curve or go with the bend?
All of these options may influence the results you get.
We’ve got all the details you need to get the most accurate measurements. The trick is to approach the matter as a scientific researcher as you would when looking for the best penis sleeve.
Well, BJUI International with King’s College in London and lead researcher David Veale have the most reputable study done on average penis size yet with 15,521 men.
They have created a standardized process for a medical health professional to make accurate penis measurements.
If you’re wondering this study concluded that the average erect penis length is 5.16″ and girth (circumference) is 4.59″.
Here are the quick steps to measure your penis size:
- Find a measuring tape or ruler and get your penis fully-erect
- Press the ruler against the pubic bone at the base to ensure excess fat or pubic hair doesn’t affect your length
- Write down the measurement at the tip of the penis.
- For girth measurement use a measuring tape and wrap it around the thickest part of the shaft. Mark down the number where ends of tape meet.
- Compare it against the average penis size.
If that’s confusing here’s an official video from King’s College where urologists (from the same 15,221 men study) explain how to accurately measure your own penis (flaccid and erect length and girth).
Now you can use this data to get better fitting condoms, sex toys and possibly join the communities that will help you learn how to use your penis:
- here’s a good community to join if you have a small penis (30K members).
- and another if you’re bigger. Yes having a big penis is not that great either – this community on Reddit BigDickProblems exists for a reason (161K members).
But chances are, you’ll discover that you’re perfectly average size.
You see, porn industry has skewed our perception of what average really means.
Remember that male pornstars are the most impressive well-hung of them all. But they are definitely not averages.
Porn producers use perception (angles, big guys/short women) to make things appear bigger than they are.
If you have insecurities, you might want to visit this Subreddit (AveragePenis) where people share their perfectly average sized, curved, shaped penises.
There is something liberating about seeing that you’re not that different.
How To Correctly Measure Penis Length
You got the quick steps on how to measure your length, but the devil is in the details.
You may be tempted to measure the underside of your erect penis. The fact that you can disappear into the scrotum may increase your ego but you’re just fooling yourself!
Measure the top of the penis, as this way you have a clear base— the pubic bone.
For the best results, you should measure your erect penis at room temperature while standing up.
It won’t matter if you’re carrying a little extra weight or you’re sporting an 80s style pubic man-bush. If you were being measured by a scientific researcher, they would simply push into the public bone as much as possible regardless of any excess hair or fat.
Here’s the step by step guide to measure the length of your penis:
- Grab yourself a ruler or measuring tape (a soft tape will be easier to maneuver and less likely to snap back on you…ouch!)
- Position it at the base of your erect penis.
- Press into the pubic bone as far as you can.
- Measure from there to the end of the tip of your penis.
- Read your magic number.
How To Measure Your Penis Girth Correctly
To measure your penis girth keep in mind the same thing – standing and room temperature.
A hard ruler won’t help, you need a flexible measuring tape, the kind that tailors would use to measure waist size, for example.
When wrapping the tape around the penis choose the thickest part of the shaft and gently tighten it.
Tape shouldn’t press in the skin, but it shouldn’t fall off either. Another thing is that you must choose the shortest road around the shaft (no diagonal measuring).
Another alternative is to use a piece of string without any stretch. There is more room for error with this one though.
Use the same wrapping technique as with tape, but mark the string with a pen where it meets.
Then unwrap it and measure the string against a ruler to get the measurement.
How To Measure a Curved Penis
Do you have a slight squint of the shaft or a massive curvature of the cock? Gently straighten him as much as you can, comfortably and without force. You can then measure with a ruler, string, or tape measure, ignoring the curve completely.
Or, using the string measuring method, following the curve to the tip. Then pinch the end of the string and measure against the ruler.
The majority of size studies disregard bendy boys but penises with upwards or downwards curves are extremely common.
The only time a curvature may be an issue is if the erection causes your penis to curve more than 30%. This can be a sign of Peyronie’s Disease. This is pretty rare but if you experience significant or painful erection curves, then a visit to the GP might be in order.
There’s an App For That…
Yeap, there are actually mobile and web-based applications dedicated to dick. While they may be fun to use, I am not sure they will be any more accurate than just doing it yourself with a tape measure…
But if you like to get technical here are a few penis measuring apps to play with:
- Measure: The iOS app was not created with your penis in mind, but hey if it works, why not?
- My Size: A Europe based smartphone app specifically designed to measure your cock so that you can order the best fitting condom.
- Penis Percentile Calculator: This is more of a comparison site but if you LOVE stats, then this is the site for you. It’s pretty complex but does give a good overview of where you are in relation to others. They also have a condom calculator and ball calculator for the curious.
- Size Me Up: Similar to the above but perhaps not as complicated or as in-depth results.
Bringing It All Together
Don’t get stuck on the penis size – it’s not about what you have, it’s about how you use it.
And penis size is just a small part of learning how to satisfy a woman.
For those asking does losing weight increase penis size – we have a guide on that as well.