After more than 40 hours of research, crowdsourcing hundreds of opinions, reviews and expert recommendations we uncovered the best male masturbators all in one place. We discovered that Quickshot Vantage is the best bang for the buck and wins because of it's ease of cleaning because of it's open ended design.
However if you're looking for easy cleaning, intense textures, and luxury feel Tenga Flip Hole was an undisputed winner. There are 3 versions of Flip Holes and newer models (EV and Zero) have sleeker design and even additional vibrations.
Lastly, if you're looking for the ultimate future toy that will give you hands-free experience while being connected with VR porn, Onyx Kiiroo 2 is the best male teledildonics toy.
Sexual Alpha is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Tenga Flip Hole
Most people start with Fleshlight but after they find Tenga they never go back. While one could argue that companies are quite similar, but Tenga Flip Hole has the most intense textures while being easy to clean at the same time. Plus, you can control the suction by pressings those buttons at the side. Go as tight as you want.
The best bang for the buck
This discreet, simple open-ended masturbator will save you a lot of pain for cleaning. It takes little space and you can easily clean it up afterwards. Many couples love to use this toy during sex or to assist during the blowjob. This is a great starter masturbator on a budget.
Introduction: Taking Your Masturbation To The Next Level
Masturbation is an awesome path of self-exploration, and if you do it with a few little tweaks you can actually become better in bed at the same time.
While there is nothing wrong with your hand masturbators can simulate blowjob, add unique suction, vibrations or do stroking for you.
With enough imagination (or VR Goggles), it's like having sex but someone else is doing all the work 😉
In this guide, we're taking a look at the best masturbators after crowdsourcing hundreds of men's opinions and recommendations.
One of the main things to watch out is the ease of cleaning.
Masturbation toys feel better than hand, but often it doesn't feel better enough to want to clean it out all the time.
It can feel pretty silly to turn your fake pussy inside out and clean the jizz out in that post-orgasmic haze. That's why one of our top criteria was ease of cleaning (open-ended masturbators are the easiest).
What You Should Know About Male Masturbator Toys?
There are plenty of male masturbation toys and from the first look, they all may look the same to you.
But the devil is in the details, and it's impossible for us to tell which is the best toy, because frankly what's best for one guy, will be a deal-breaker for another person.
You'll notice that we put all the main considerations on the chart for an easy side-by-side comparison:
But we suggest you start by thinking about these questions upfront so when you're considering each option in-depth you know what you're looking for:
- what's your budget? — you get what you pay for. Anything under $30–40 and you'll be better served to stick with your hand (only exception few-time use Tenga Egg). If you want anything with a motor (hands-free) and you should expect to spend $100+ for a quality device. Want the masturbator to sync with VR porn? $200+.
- are you looking for a hands-free automatic masturbator? — if you want the stroking to be done for you, then there are only a few good options. Onyx 2 or Fleshlight Launch. Alternatively, look for masturbators with a suction cup so you can thrust into them yourself or consider Liberator Fleshlight Mount.
- ease of cleanup? — Open-ended masturbators are easy to clean and make sure they last a long time. Also, there is no limitation on how deep you can thrust. But these masturbators don't look very realistic even though they feel incredible. Tenga Flip Holes are awesome alternatives as they flip open like a book, making them extremely easy to clean.
- durability & maintenance— Most masturbators are made from TPE because it's a cheaper and softer material. But it's porous and over time will harbor bacteria and deteriorate. Silicone is easier to clean and it will last longer, but it's not as realistic/soft. So here's the dilemma — pleasure vs durability, safety, maintenance. Also, know that all masturbator materials are liable to tear because you are stretching them. The best defense for that is to use plenty of lube.
- hide-ability/discreetness — here you need to consider the size of the toy and how much it resembles a vagina. Some masturbators don't even look like sex toys while others like sex doll torso are a big piece of life-size ass. Not very discreet, so probably not the best choice if you have little space that you share.
- noise levels — first, keep in mind that fast thrusting or running the motor of the toy on max setting will create more noise than slow sliding up and down. But then closed-ended toys like Tenga Fliphole, for example, create suction inside. It feels awesome, but it also makes slurping weird noise the faster you go. You have two choices — pretend you have a party and lock the doors… or go with open-ended toys like Quickshot Vantage that's a lot more silent.
- realism? — meaning, you want the masturbator to feel like a real thing? like real vaginal sex? Well, then you're looking at Onaholes (look out for Meiki one) who have made an anatomically correct and ultra-realistic internal hole.
- vaginal/anal/blowjob simulation? — lookout for sex doll torso which has 2 holes one for anal and pussy, but doesn't worry about that too much. With most masturbators, you can control the tightness, suction and the pressure you apply. Anal = tightness. Blowjob = suction sensations.
We touched on the materials, but let me expand, as it's an important topic.
The thing is that for all the other toys we would ONLY recommend silicone.
But almost all male masturbators are made from TPE material. It's a porous material that's not that durable and you can never 100% clean it.
Unfortunately, the body-safe silicone doesn't feel that good. Even the softest silicone feels too rigid compared to TPE alternatives.
That's why even big companies like Fleshlight or Tenga make their toys from porous materials like TPE.
The material will degrade over time no matter how you clean it it will harbor mold and bacteria over time.
Also, you need to put cornstarch on it regularly or it will become very tacky.
It's a tough decision, which is why we recommend both TPE and silicone masturbators.
Also, know that you should only use a water-based lube with these toys, something like silicone lube will degrade both TPE and silicone.
The best recommendation is Sliquid Sassy, which is the most loved lube across experience users. Or coconut oil as a budget option.
Alright let's jump into the masturbators themselves?:
What Are The Best Male Masturbators in 2020?, Side-by-Side Comparison Chart
Here's the chart, but few notes before you check it:
The chart has the cheapest toys to the left to the more advanced to the right.
We make three recommendations which are marked with a star below.
Toys are compared by 10 criteria so watch out for the ones that are more important to you.
Here's a quick rundown of why each toy made it to the chart, later we'll dive deeper in each selection:
- Tenga Egg ($13) — think of it as a condom with nice textures inside. It's upgraded masturbation on budget. With extra care, you'll be able to use it for a few times, and it might be a great introductory dive into the world of sex toys
- 3D Masturbator ($35) — this is a cool no-name brand masturbator that has vibrations and suction sensations added to it. It's made from silicone and gives quite a bit of functionality for a little price. Don't expect it to be mind-blowing, but it does a lot 😉
- QuickShot Vantage ($40) (This is one of the recently most popular Fleshlight toys and only one I really recommend because of its ease of cleaning. It's very discreet, silent and inexpensive which makes it our #1 budget pick. Also very fun to use during sex as a blowjob aid.
- Sex Doll Torso ($60) — 5.9lbs of realistic life-size butt with anal and vaginal holes. It's not the best quality, but you won't find anything better for the price. There are silicone alternatives that cost $500, but honestly if you crave realism just go for this option and buy several pieces. Keep in mind that shipping will be extra, as it's a heavy toy. Oh, and definitely not discreet. Not discreet at all.
- Spinning/Thrusting Cup ($66) — another no-name brand that offers hands-free stroking, vibrating and spinning. Again it does a lot for a price and is lots of fun to play around. It's a great starter toy as it lets you learn what kind of sensations you enjoy and later upgrade if you want.
- Tenga Flip Hole ($90) (Tenga offers the most intense textures while being extremely easy to clean. So intense that you might have a tough time lasting long. There are three models — Flip Hole is the oldest model for $90. Then there is sleeker (easier to hold) newer model and finally the ultimate upgrade with 2 vibrating bullets. Textures aren't realistic, but Jesus Christ, they are intense.
- Meiki Onahole ($120) — the most realistic masturbator from all. Internal vaginal walls feel soft, intense, and almost like a real thing. It's a pain to clean, and not discreet, but man, it feels incredible.
- Fun Factory Manta ($125) — this toy might require you to relearn how to masturbate. It's not about stroking, it's about focusing on your glans and stimulating it with vibrations. Before you say meh, try having masturbation with just tickling your frenulum. You just might discover a new kind of mind-blowing way to masturbate. This is an incredible toy for guys ready to mix it up and explore their bodies further.
- Kiiroo Onyx 2 ($219) ( if you've been using hand all this time then upgrade to Onyx 2 with VR goggles and synced VR porn content will blow your mind. Virtual sex experience is something to try, but it gets pricey to get the quality setup. But if you are ready for the luxury experience Kiiroo makes the best teledildonics toys.
Okay, now you are ready to dive into the chart while below we go deeper analyzing each toy:
The Most Affordable Masturbation Sleeves
If you're shopping for your first masturbation toy, you probably shouldn't break your bank at your first attempt.
Old habits die hard, and sometimes nothing can beat good old hand.
This is why here you'll find the best masturbators that won't last as long but will give you a good grasp of what you can expect if you invest in the sex toys.
Let's take a look at every budget choice one by one:
Tenga is a well-known sex toymaker and this masturbation sleeve is meant for 2–3 usage times. It's ultra stretchy and has a texture inside.
There are 6 textures available in total and it's discreet look makes it a great gift that's easy to hide when needed.
It fits every size penis (stretches up to 12" length) and will be the perfect affordable introduction to upgraded masturbation.
The sleeve comes with included lube and will be fun for solo use or with a partner.
If you liked the one texture, experiment with all 6 — for $60 you can get Tenga egg variety 6-pack.
Check this video to see how it looks and feels in real life:
Later down the article, we'll take a look at high-quality hands-free masturbators, but you'll notice that they get pricey (up to $200).
This simple, yet advanced no-name brand toy, however, will set you back only $35 while giving an exciting sucking automatic kind of sensations.
There are 10 vibration modes and it's actually made from silicone which means that the material is quite durable.
While don't expect the motor to work for a long time, but it's definitely a great bang for the buck.
Additional pro is that the toy's transparent nature makes it a bit more discreet and seeing your penis through the toy is exciting as well.
Here's how this toy looks in real life:
Fleshlight QuickShot Vantage ($40) (
Ask around about male sex toys and the first thing everyone mentions is Fleshlight.
The brand is so good at marketing that pocket pussy almost is a synonym to Fleshlight.
But there's a reason why I recommend to stay away from most fleshlights while still recommending Quickshot.
Do you know what is the biggest reason why the guys who purchase a masturbator end up not using it?
The pain of cleaning.
Masturbator feels better, but it doesn't feel THAT GOOD to spend few minutes of post-orgasmic time cleaning your jizz, turning the sleeve inside out and drying it up.
Quickshot just has so many great pros:
- it's discreet — it doesn't look like a female vagina, and it takes little place.
- easy to clean — before orgasming just put a paper towel in front of your penis and there is zero mess and cleanup is a simple as rinsing in warm water.
- can use in partner's play — she can give you a blowjob while adding little extra with Quickshot. Especially handy if the penis is larger than average or the girl is a beginner in blowjobs. No more pressure for deepthroating.
- easily control the intensity — just squeeze the toy to increase the tightness which makes it a good toy for any size or shape penis.
Additionally, if you want full hands-free experience, you can purchase Quickshot Launch that can be adjusted to 4 different stroke lengths and speed up to 250 strokes per minute.
Here's how Quickshot masturbator looks in real life:
Sex Doll Torso ($60)
Sex doll torsos focus on just the most crucial female body part.
It doesn't look very realistic, but you can use the masturbator in two main poses — doggy or missionary.
And since it's a lifelike size and weighs 5.9lbs you can use it in a realistic sexual intercourse way.
You're not stroking your penis, you're thrusting in the toy.
The toy itself isn't made from high-quality material. It's TPE — that feels realistic, is cheap, but is a porous material.
This means that this toy won't last long. It will start smelling and get sticky quite fast. And yes… cleaning is a pain too.
But then again, it's $60. If you compare it with top sex doll torso on Lovehoney — Thrust Pro Elite…
It's $300 there…yes, it weighs almost 6kg, but it's still TPE.
Better, but not 5x better or 5x longer lasting.
If choosing TPE and budget, I would buy 5x 60$ torso every time.
The Best Hands-Free Automatic Male Masturbators
This is where you'll find the best of the best masturbators.
Each of these three choices will serve best for different needs so let's dive deeper, huh?
A quality automatic and hands-free machine will set you back $150–$200.
But if you are looking for something simple, non-branded that would give you lots of different sensations… you might like this masturbator.
It does a lot of things good. It's not a great toy, but you'll get to experience stroking up/down, spinning, vibrating for a small price.
Plus, the masturbator has a suction cup for hands-free usage & cleaning is easier than you would expect.
Item has 90 days warranty by BestVibe.
Don't expect it to last a long time, but definitely more than enough to decide if you want to invest in something even higher quality.
Tenga Flip Hole ($90) (
Guys who've been using masturbators for a while say:
“Fleshlights are like buying an F150, where a Flip Hole is like buying a Toyota Camry.
Ignoring the domestic/import pun there, the Flip Hole requires a lot less maintenance, will last forever if you take care of it properly, and they will both ultimately get you where you’re going.”
There are many guys who started with Fleshlight and then upgraded to Tenga because it's simply better.
Tenga toys have incredible textures, all the while being a lot easier to clean since they can pop open in the middle for easy cleaning.
Yes, they have a hard case, but those 3 buttons allow you to control the pressure and apply it in the right amount and place as you please.
Tenga stands out the most by their intense textures (meaning, it's very hard to last long with them), and the fact that you can open each Tenga like a book for easy cleaning and drying.
Yes, the material still is TPE, which is porous.
But you get really, really soft texture, and with very careful care and cleaning it will last you a long time. Keep in mind though that it does make quite a bit of noise when you actively apply suction or stroke rapidly.
There are tons of Tenga variations available, and you should read this Tenga egg guide read if you want a deep dive.
But here we'll discuss their more advanced models:
- Tenga Flip Hole ($90) — this is the original model that's been around for 7 years and that brought fame to Tenga. It's been battle-tested and with proper care will last for a long time. There are 4 different model textures that you can recognize by colors — white, black, red, gray. The most popular is the White and Black models.
- Tenga Zero Flip Hole ($105)— Zero is their newel model that you can recognize by it's sleeker design and round shapes. Older Flip hole was bulky (it's 400g) and some had trouble to hold it. Well, this is no problem with Zero. The whole experience has a luxury feel. There are two models — white and black. Black is a lot more intense and the holes are tighter. Keep that in mind.
- Tenga Zero EV (vibrating) ($250) — EV model adds two high-quality bullet vibrators to the masturbator. They are rechargeable and will prove you with 5x vibration settings. Vibrations give very exciting new sensations where you don't even need to stroke. Just press the sides for suction and play with vibrations. Feels intense, and if you don't stroke, it becomes an automatic masturbator 😉
This video shows the oldest Tenga Flip Hole model and it's four variations (black and white are the most popular:
Click on the product links above to find video demos for Zero and EV models, but the main video should give you an idea and feel for Tenga products.
Kiiroo Onyx 2 ($219) (
What if you want a masturbator that will do the stroking for you simulating the sexual act that happens on the screen?
Kiiroo Onyx 2 can be used to be synced with VR porn, live webcam sessions, or you can use it as a couples toy for long-distance remote control by your partner.
While many toymakers attempt to offer teledildonics toys, Kiiroo Onyx 2 is one of the rare companies that actually succeeds in doing so.
Kiiroo doesn't do actual stroking, but it has 10 contracting rings that stimulate this sensation and goes up to 140 strokes per minute.
You use it by downloading and connecting it with the Feelconnect app via Bluetooth. Then simply follow instructions to use it with your chosen VR content or webcam room, or let your partner control the app.
It's an incredible toy that embraces the latest technologies, and if you like to really upgrade your masturbation experience where toy does the work... Onyx 2 is a great choice.
Check this video review by Jokestrap to see how this male toy looks in real life:
Oh, here's also an honorary mention of Lovense Max 2.
If the previous version was buggy, Max 2 actually works.
It's another good automatic masturbator that allows you to control it via the app.
This means that someone else can control it too.
It's a great couples toy, and Lovense also has developed a VR Game — Mirror Life where you can sync Max 2 with the game for some upgraded fun 🙂
Up to you what you choose, we prefer Onyx 2, but Max 2 offers different sensations. You need to decide which ones you want more.
The Most Realistic Male Masturbator: Meiki Onahole ($120)
If you're craving for realism, but aren't willing to invest in full-blown sex doll just yet, this Onahole is your next best choice.
For the best experience, you should take it slow and really feel the texture and the ridges inside.
You'll discover there is a frenulum ticker tucked inside and it feels nice, warm and tight inside.
The main downside for this onahole is that it's hard to clean.
If you turn it inside out you'll quickly damage the toy so best it is to rinse it with warm water and anti-bacterial toy cleaner right after the session.
But if you want realism — no toy has been loved so much as this one. Similarly, as La Bocca Della Verita is the most realistic blowjob toy, this is the most realistic pussy toy.
Compared to Flip Hole this onahole texture feels a lot calmer and will be best enjoyed if you go slow at the start (and don't forget to warm the toy up before).
Here's how the toy looks in real life:
Incredible Vibrating Male Masturbator: Fun Factory Manta ($135)
To enjoy this toy you need to relearn or expand your masturbation habits.
If you're like me, chances are that you grew up knowing only about stroking your penis. After all, that's how you also have sex — thrusting in and out.
But did you know that we have a frenulum that could be compared with the clitoris?
Thing is, initially it's not as sensitive, but as you calmly tickle it, you'll eventually be able to have incredible different kinds of orgasm?
While most guys just stick to the hand or get a stroker, they miss on vibrations that ladies have learned to fully exploit.
Introducing Fun Factory Manta.
While there are plenty of male vibrators like Cobra Libre, Hot Octopuss, and Man Wand, Fun Factory will give you the best experience.
It has incredibly soft and wide wings that you put on your glans to enjoy those deep, rumbly vibrations.
Plus, if you want you can even use Manta to give yourself up/down gentle vibrating strokes too.
Manta is fully waterproof, vibrations are more silent than most toys, but you can still hear it.
You'll be blown away of the orgasm you can have by just keeping this toy next to your frenulum. If you're not convinced, try it with your finger first (here's how).
Manta is available in 2 colors, and here's the video to see how it looks in real life:
How To Use A Male Masturbator?
You might think it's a dumb question, but stick with me and you might learn something.
Initially, I also thought there is nothing to know about masturbation even until I learned there are plenty of masturbation techniques that transform the session completely.
- try just tickling your frenulum or playing only with your glans — no stroking. But make sure it's nicely lubed up there.
- watch video compilations of female orgasms while slowly playing with yourself and keeping up slow deep breathing for 10–15mins.
- play around the area and you just might discover that playing with the balls is extremely pleasurable.
You won't discover these things just by feverishly stroking. Also, you won't become better in bed if you just go straight to the finish line.
Which is why here are the best tips on how to get most out of your masturbator:
- warm the toy upfront — keep it in warm water for a few mins or get a heating rod. Nothing destroys arousal quite like freezing cold masturbator.
- invest in lube — saliva is cool, but it doesn't last long and your mouth gets dry soon enough. Lube it up generously and you'll just fall in love with that delicious wetness and noises that it makes.
- start slow — why not play with yourself? Tease yourself with excitement and arousal as you start with shallow insertion or lowest vibration settings. You'll discover that your sensitivity increases and you'll gain a lot more pleasure from smallest strokes. And by the way, ladies also love starting slow so you'll be actually practicing to become better in bed at the same time.
- don't ejaculate for a few days — if you want stronger orgasms and more pleasure try abstaining from any stimulation for a few days. Excess masturbation drains you and if you ejaculate few times a day, you'll notice that pleasure goes way down. Discipline yourself and you'll enjoy every time a LOT more.
- experiment — try doing things differently. Use a different hand. Vary the speeds, edge yourself for a long time. Play with settings, sensations if you have a more advanced toy. This is a fun way to keep the novelty and explore yourself vs just relieving the urge.
- clean it up right after using — either clean the toy right after or don't ejaculate in the toy. Since 99% of masturbators are made of TPE you must rinse thoroughly, dry, and apply cornstarch if you want it to last longer. If you want less cleaning simply keep paper towels next to you and pull out right before the glorious moment. Cleaning is the biggest reason why many guys don't end up using their masturbators regularly.
Finally, it's tons of fun to use the toys together with your partner. If you've been with any girl together for more than 6 months, you know that vanilla sex gets boring quickly.
The easiest way to keep the excitement high is to mix it up with sex toys.
Get her off, let her get you off, use cock rings, remote-controlled toys, restraints…
And you'll discover that you are excited to make love with her again 🙂
We have plenty of best toy reviews, just dig in and have lots of fun!
Bringing It All Together
I hope you've just unlocked a new world of masturbation for yourself.
But know it's just a start.
If you are like us who believe that our bodies are meant to be explored and you're open-minded, you might also want to learn how to experience a prostate orgasm (or multiple orgasms).
After my first PO, penile masturbation seemed so vanilla.
Oh, and if your budget allows there are also exciting sex dolls that look and feel crazy real…!
Yeah, these dolls will set you back $1500–$2000, but you'll be able to play out all your fantasy scenarios in real life in the privacy of your home.
While not for everyone, it's incredible to see the kind of sex toys modern age has to offer us.
Wishing you plenty of pleasant evenings! Cheers!