Creative ideas of how to easily build your own DIY sex furniture without putting in too much work or money…
So you would like to transform, repurpose, or make kinky furniture but don’t know where to start?
The best sex furniture cost quite a bit, but here we’ll show fun ways how to look at your furniture DIFFERENTLY.
Thing is… using basic BDSM accessories you can make any ordinary furniture sexy affordably.
Then if you have basic woodworking skills, you can easily make a sex chair, spanking table, or whatever type of furniture.
The key to making any furniture sexy is fabric + BDSM accessories.
What is a good fabric to use for furniture?
- Marine Vinyl is cheap, easy to clean and holds up well for use. The trouble is that vinyl is made from PVC and it contains phthalates. More expensive alternatives are waterproof, durable and phthalate free, but yes, you need to pay for it. (you can use the egg crate foam that fabric stores use under the vinyl for padding on wooden furniture)
- Fake leather – it looks good, holds up well, easy to work with and easy to clean.
There are four paths you can follow to make DIY kinky furniture:
- buy plain wood furniture – bed frame, chair, table. Add padding and fabric to it, finish with some eyelets or rings for restraint play.
- if you’re a woodworker with tools & inspiration to build something from scratch – find plans, inspiration and do everything.
- Buy some BDSM accessories and simply use them together with your vanilla furniture
- Buy actual sex furniture (just look for cheaper alternatives) and then tweak something from there.
We’ll share more DIY paths later in the article, but first lets discuss the low-hanging fruits:
Create A Bondage Furniture on Budget
The lowest hanging fruit is to transform your bed into a piece of kinky BDSM furniture.
How? It’s super easy if you have a bed frame – simple cuffs or wrist, ankle restraints will work, but what if you don’t?
Well, you can buy bedroom restraints and put them around bedposts under your mattress.
This kind of setup will cost you $50-70 and you can reuse them with any kind of furniture.
Then you can also get cheap accessories like:
- bondage rope – requires a bit of knowledge about shibari and some rope bondage skills.
- bondage tape – no experience required, just use the tape and restrain whatever body parts you want to furniture.
- handcuffs or velcro type adjustable restraints – similar to the bed restraints.
Explore Affordable Kinky Furniture Pieces You Could Get Or Simply Inspire From
Keep in mind that sex furniture costs the way it does because they use quality materials that will make sex more enjoyable.
For example, Liberator uses super thick foam that doesn’t sink on body weight and it’s cover is removable, machine-washable and waterproof.
Plus, you don’t need to get a full-blown sex sofa, you can only get a simple cushion, wedge, and use it together with your vanilla furniture and restraint kits.
As for BDSM furniture, yes it gets really expensive. Especially if you’re looking at heavy-duty metal cages or Andrew’s Cross, but still…
Mix any restraint kit with a bench, table, chair, and you’ve got kinky furniture on a budget!
Alright…let’s move to actual DIY ideas:
More Creative Ideas From Other People in DIY BDSM community
Here is another mix of ideas that you could take and run with them:
How To Make DIY Sex Wedge Pillow
If you feel like Liberator type wedge is too expensive, this could be a fun DIY cushion version.
Keep in mind though that it’s probably not waterproof and will sink in on excess weight giving the same issues pillows do.
Liberator stands out because they expose your partner to the perfect angle that doesn’t hurt the vagina walls and just feels great.
However this is a good way to test the waters, you’ll need:
- a high-quality foam, cut it into the right shapes and use a sturdy glue to press it together.
- use books or whatever else heavy to press these foam bricks together when gluing.
- after the basic rectangular foam is glued together, use a marker to draw out the shape and angle (27 – 30 degrees).
- Use a chef’s knife or whatever big knife you’ve got for cutting.
- As for the cover, you’ll need to be handy with sewing – the zipper, dimensions, and material.
Here’s the original tutorial with screenshots and guidelines.
How To Make DIY Sex Swing
While the best sex swing really isn’t that expensive you can make one at home quite easily.
What you’ll need:
- A pullup bar that you can add/remove the indoor frame
- Some sewing skills and nylon to make the body, leg support, and handles, or get a basic Sportsheets door sex swing.
- Finally, get 2x stainless steel carabiner snap hooks
- Use the painter’s tape on the jam under the pullup bar to avoid damaging the door frame.
- Put the pieces together and you have a sex swing!
Few pieces of advice though. Make sure you’re thrusting in the right direction as if you don’t the bar can slip out and give you a painful drop on the floor.
Oh, and before attempting this double check if your door frame is sturdy enough to sustain the weight of a person. Some newer homes don’t have well-made secure door frames.
Here’s the original tutorial with screenshots and guidelines.
Make Quick Improvements To Your Bed To Add BDSM Touch
Sometimes you don’t need much to upgrade your furniture.
This bed doesn’t even look kinky from the first look, but then if you think how those rings could be used, it all starts to make sense.
Looks elegant, and requires only a screwdriver and rings.
If you’re thinking what makes a good kinky furniture, here’s a good story from a user.
This has been my experience too, sex pillows & wedges make the biggest difference, no need to shell out hundreds for a standalone sex sofa:
“Bought a Liberator ramp and wedge combo, not really for any specific reason but man this thing is handy.
We’ve never been able to get her in the prone position working and with the wedge its comfortable for both of us and kissing her in that position is really sexy. And of course the ramp and ramp/wedge provides for infinite positions, mostly at this stage to be comfortable in the doggy position. And the bit of elevation on the wedge makes things like rimming more comfortable for the giver.
The material is really lovely and when you put the wedge on the ramp it stays where you put it but when you want to move it there is no problem, just the right ‘adherence’. Oh and I am a pretty heavy bloke and I feel quite stable on the ramp (unlike couch cushions).”Source: Reddit user, DouchebagIrony
And here are more ideas on furniture if you want to be discreet:
My wife likes to squat and use a vibrator, as this makes her squirt the most.
However, I like to be under her when she does this. We used to try kitchen chairs and bar stools, but the legs always got in my way and the backs always got in hers. We bought stools that were a good height, narrow, padded seat so her feet don’t hurt. Good height for her to sit on with me kneeling for cunnilingus, good height for her to bend over on, etc.
STRONG hook in the ceiling – we used to hang a plant on it, but now we have a modern art mobile. However, when we pull out the big stuff for a long night, we use that for support for a semi-large sex swing, similar to this, but with more lash-on straps. Either she can be in it solo and I stand or kneel in front or behind her, or we can both climb in.
There’s really nothing like it, but you have to have a ceiling that can support the weight. We ended up having to build a platform in the attic and bolt to that, instead of a ceiling joist, as our actions were causing nails/screw-heads to pop out of the ceiling drywall. Now the weight is spread over 6 joists. NOTHING beats suspended sex.
If you look around the adult community in your area, you may find a craftsman who likes to build custom, but these costs LOTS of money.
We ended up building a semi-custom straddle (like a Sybian but without the crazy noise and rattling).
We had an engineer basically take a Hitachi magic want, re-engineer a sturdier mount, and mount it to a gimbal so it can go up, down, front to back, side to side, circles, or any combination (there are three rotary knobs for the action and a rotary for vibration speed). It’s then all sleeved in a single silicone sleeve/rod and we just put slip-on dildos (used for penile extensions from sex sites) as the ‘attachment.
This is a FANTASTIC tool but is at the engineer about 2-3 times a year for the odd hardware failure (it’s currently at his shop in CA for a servo failure). He’s said he’s not doing these anymore because of the crazy amount of work it takes, but we pay him well, though this might be our last fix.
Building a larger heavier wood/metal structure will be hard to conceal.Source: Reddit user sivixx
There you have it! Hope this guide opened your eyes to all the DIY kinky furniture options and cheap ways to make it work.
For us, the bed restraints, spreader bar with furniture, and Liberator sex wedges were the game-changers.