After more than 60 hours of research that involved crowdsourcing hundreds of sex swing enthusiast reviews, consulting with three experts we considered over 40 sex swings, swing stands and slings. The Screamer Dual Hook Sex swing was the best bang for the buck winning in comfort, price and quality comparisons. The close runner-up was single hook Bondage Boutique swing. But the best budget choice (the starter option) was the Sportsheets Door Sex Swing. It won't give 100% flying experience, but you won't need to drill any holes in the ceiling.
Sexual Alpha is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Screamer Sex Swing
Dual Hook Comfort Swing
Dual hook swing offer wider and more comfortable sitting in it that curvier couples will appreciate. Also Screamer swings have the widest stirring and the most padded, softest paddings ensuring that no straps bite into skin.
While it's not the cheapest swing, it's hands-down the most comfortable.
There are handles for hands, leg support straps, and even the headrest.
Contrary to most swings who are made of nylon with velvety padding, this swing is primarily cotton that feels nice on naked skin. It will hold up to 300lbs.
Bondage Boutique Sex Swing
Spinning One Point Hook Swing
This is the most affordable budget, yet quality sex swing choice. Since it's based on one hook, you'll get handy spinning action going on. Bondage Boutique will be best for slimmer couples who don't really need that much padding or wider support (because of narrow hips).
This swing will hold up to 300lbs and is made from nylon mixed with velvety padding. All the surfaces are padded, even the metal spreader bar on top of the bar. The only big thing that is missing is the headrest, but then again most swings come without it.
Highly recommended choice for the first quality suspension experience.
Introduction To Sex Swings
Let’s face it:
Day-to-day sex isn’t that exciting. Gets old pretty fast.
But a sex swing is a perfect way to spice it up in the bedroom overnight.
Plus, suspension sex is tons of fun, you'll get excited about new positions a good sex swing will open up.
With swings, you can play out a light BDSM scene, since it acts like bondage where the partner in the swing has very little to no control!
Oh, and with swings, some positions can be quite a workout for the guy, but it's a choice — you can go as lazy or as hard as you like.
What You Should Know About Sex Swings?
First of all, you should know all the types of sex swings there are:
- door sex swings — these are the most affordable (cheapest) and setup is a breeze. However, the range of motion and positions are highly limited. Also, you need sturdy doors for them. It's a good starting option, but if you want a real sex swing experience, you want a free-hanging swing.
- hanging sex swings (either with one point or dual point hook) — these swings will give you the full suspension, weightless experience. There are one point sex swings that allow the spinning. Dual point hooks don't let you spin, but they allow higher wideness, which may be crucial for couples with wider hips.
- sex slings — these have 4-point hooks which makes them the most comfortable. You could sleep in this thing. These types of slings are most loved between chubbier or older couples for whom comfort is #1 priority.
- sex swing stands — if you don't want to drill a hole in the ceiling you can get a stand that acts as a support for the swing or sling. Good stands are extremely secure, but also take quite a bit of space when out (but when in parts — very compact). And yes, they are quite pricey ($400 for good one).
Now, this is a quick overview, it's a lot to take in, but as you see the visuals and videos, it will all start making sense.
What To Watch Out When Shopping For A Sex Swing?
It will really help if you discuss with your partner upfront what you are looking for when getting a swing.
- are you looking for more orgasms with less work?
- or exactly the opposite? are you looking to make it a workout?
- new positions? excitement? variety?
- higher comfort?
- bondage play?
- do you want something like leather… or something that's easily washable?
Surprises are nice, but if you invest a hefty amount for a sex swing, it is wise to decide together with a person you'll be “flying” with.
How Comfortable The Sex Swing Is?
Like how much can you adjust it? And how secure is that adjustment?
Does the swing come with leg stirrups, headrest, wide main strap (where you'll sit on), handles?
The padding of the surface is very important.
Cheaper sex swings have thin padding and the straps itself are quite narrow which means they will bruise and cut in your skin.
I would highly urge you not to buy sex swing on Amazon, lots of counterfeits and low-quality swings can be found there for cheap…NOT what you want.
If you're chubbier and have wider hips, you need to be even more careful.
You'll need wider straps and wider swing itself.
One point hook swings are always more narrow, and two-point hook swings are wider.
In the advertisements for sex swings, you will always see very fit models.
For them, every sex swing will be comfortable, but that might not be the case with you.
If you have mobility issues, you might even want to consider sex sling with 4-point hooks.
These offer the highest comfort.
How Much Space You’ve Got? And Can You Drill The Holes?
This is why door sex swings are so popular.
They take little space, require no setup…
But yeah, you won't experience the full suspension experience…
Then, if you go for hanging sex swings obviously you either need to drill the hole in the ceiling, purchase a sex swing stand or hack together some other stand and repurpose it for “swinging”.
Every option has its drawbacks:
- drilling the hole in the ceiling — this is the most affordable choice and you can easily disguise that eye bolt and put a hanging plant, fake smoke detector when not using it. But you do need to find a secure place to drill the hole, you need some DIY practical skills, and you might not own the place.
- door sex swing — very portable and easy setup, if you have solid doors. You might consider taking door swing when traveling and using it in the hotel room as their doors are usually sturdy.
- sex swing stand — they are pricey and take the most space when out there, but they are also heavy-duty pieces, that are actually very compact when in pieces. Stands also have added the benefit of having an extra surface to hold on to or add extra bondage play. It's a long-term investment, and a good one.
Watch Out For Included Attachments, Stirrup Counts And Screws
While this might not affect your decision on which sex swing you'll choose, it will affect how quickly you'll be able to start using it comfortably.
For example, some swings don't have a good, welded eyelet bolt in the package. Or no spring bar.
Or no swivel that helps with spinning (for one-point hook swings).
Then additionally some swings have very few stirrups.
Inspect closely what's included in the package, and what's NOT.
You might discover that you'll need to get additional attachments for support, comfort or wider options of positions.
Companies are not trying to mislead, they are just trying to show how the sex swing would look in REAL LIFE, but you must read the fine details.
One big con is that almost no sex swing comes with headrest support. If you want to try horizontal positions then headrest is a must.
Just imagine holding your head horizontally for a few minutes with no support.
Watch out for these things and plan some extras in the budget.
Even then, you might need to visit a hardware store if you're considering some DIY solution.
With these precautions covered, let's jump into the actual sex swings, huh?:
What Are The Best Sex Swings Out There in 2020? (Side-by-Side Comparison Chart)
Few notes before you check the chart in-depth:
While sometimes sex swings are overpriced (we filtered those out for you), but the adage is true — you get what you pay for.
Most sex swing enthusiasts would strongly suggest NOT to get anything less than $100 (maybe a sex wedge will serve better for variety and comfort if on a budget?).
However, we did include one budget item for $60.
If you are slim, the material won't cut much into the skin, but if you're curvier, unfortunately, there is no good budget choice for you.
You'll need thick padding and wide straps to make the “swinging” experience enjoyable.
Here's the quick rundown of the best choices before diving deeper:
- Screamer Sex Swing for $174 (Overall Best) —this is the most comfortable, sturdy and versatile swing for the price. Dual point hook will ensure that even curvier couples have a great experience since you can really customize the fit. Compared to most swings, it's made from soft, thick cotton that ensures that you never feel any discomfort.
- Bondage Boutique Hanging Sex Swing for $100 (Runner Up) — while not as comfortable as Screaming swing ( it's made from nylon and velvety padding). This swing comes with a one-point hook which has its benefits and downsides. Pros: Ease of setup + you can spin it around. Cons: not comfortable for curvier couples as the spreader bar doesn't allow it for the main support strap to open too wide.
- Whipsmart Sex Swing for $125 — this is another one point hook alternative, and while it's similar to Bondage Boutique, this swing comes in four colors like a pink, white, cheetah in addition to black. Then it has three main straps for position variety but doesn't come with handles (but you can purchase them separately) as this swing allows easy strap adding and removal.
- Sportsheets Door Sex Swing for $60 (Budget Choice) — this is the simplest & most affordable setup if you own sturdy wooden doors with a solid frame. No need to drill anything or get a space-intensive stand. Just throw this thing behind the door, close them and voila! Positions are limited, but you get to experience the hottest sex against the wall. A good starting option for first sex swing experience.
- Screamer Sex Sling for $239 (Comfort & Upgrade Choice) — slings have four contact points that ensure the highest comfort, which is especially important for older & curvier couples. It's made from cotton material that's machine washable and nice on naked skin. You might also consider a leather sling ($355) that will add to the BDSM dungeon factor but it's pricey especially if you get a 4-point sling stand with it.
- Screamer Sex Swing Stand for $400 (Best Stand)— this sturdy frame weighs around 47 lbs and you can assemble within 5 minutes. A unique feature for this stand is that you can use it for both one-point hook swing and dual hook swings. Plus, there are 12 mounting points in total for a bondage play. This will be a great long term investment if you have space for it and don't want to drill any holes.
- Pipedreams Swing Stand for $400— both stands are quite similar, but each has its pros and cons. Pipedream stand supports only one-point hook swing. But the frame itself is higher and wider ensuring better comfort and positioning.
Okay, here's the chart again, and now we'll dive deeper into each item:
The Top 3 Overall Best Hanging Sex Swings
3 is the magic number huh?
But on a serious note the choices here should be very easy:
- A Screamer sex swing is a great dual hook choice if you want more comfort (and you always do). It's a strong recommendation if you're ready to invest in a great swing.
- Bondage Boutique and Whipsmart swings are quite similar as they are both kinda intermediate budget choices. Both are fixated to one point hook. Whipsmart has three main stirrups and more colors. Bondage swing has two main stirrups but has extra handles. It's up to you what you value more.
Let's dive deeper into each choice:
Screamer Sex Swing for $174 (Overall Best)
When you're looking for a sex swing that will last you a long time, comfort is a crucial consideration.
You're seeking pleasure, not pain.
More orgasms with less work, huh?
Screamer swing is one of the rare pieces that has nailed the comfort part.
It has extra-wide and thick seat straps that will never cause discomfort on your skin. It's made mainly from cotton (and no plastic parts) contrary to most swings that are made from nylon primarily.
Slim couples will manage to have lots of fun even to the most basic door swing, but if you're curvier (wider hips, bigger weight) you want max comfort and max sturdiness.
This is why it's also important that this swing has dual hooks that allow for wider space for comfortable sitting on the main strap.
Check out this video to see how the swing looks in real life:
A few bonuses are that you get a storage bag included and a headrest (extremely handy).
Downsides are that dual hook swings don't spin, and for this model, if you want to do a ceiling install, you'll need to buy your own eye hooks (but they are cheap).
Bondage Boutique Hanging Sex Swing for $100 (Runner Up)
This is the best budget hanging sex swing and a great position enhancer.
Since it's on the single hook, it's handy that you can spin in it.
It comes with a downside too, it may be not wide enough for a curvier person.
But it's a great choice for slim couples or the ones with some curves.
One downside is that it doesn't come with a headrest (but most swings don't have one for weird reasons).
If you experiment with horizontal positions, you will quickly feel the strain on your neck. You can get a headrest for $19.
But even if you stick to vertical positions, that feeling of weightlessness and fully giving the control to your partner is magical.
Here's a helpful video showing how this swing looks and discusses it's functions:
Oh and if you don't have much DIY skills you'll be pleasantly surprised that setup is very simple. You just need to find a strong place for ceiling where you can screw the eyebolt and that's about it.
You screw the eyebolt (the higher ceiling the better), hang the swing and you're ready to go.
Whipsmart Hanging Sex Swing ($125)
What's unique about Whipsmart is that you can pick between four colors, where for some reason black costs $149, when more exciting colors are $125.
You get to pick from pink, cheetah (add some spots), white, and black colors.
Another handy feature is that each stirrup comes with a clip allowing easy removal of stirrups you don't use. This allows for wider variety of positions and avoids you getting trapped in wired pads by accident 😉
An important note is that their eyehook (for screwing in-ceiling) is quite small and not welded, so for your safety would recommend to go to the hardware store and buy something better.
Padding is quite thick and the main straps are 5" wide, which is great. But keep in mind that webbing inside the strap is 2". Keep that in mind, if you're heavier as it might cause some issues.
Watch this helpful video showing off and explaining Whispmart swing. Plus this store offers free headrest in the purchase (very handy).
Finally, remember that it doesn't come with leg stirrups, and the spreader bar on top for hands doesn't have velvety padding as Bondage Boutique does.
The Best Door Sex Swing (Budget Choice)
A fair warning first:
Most door sex swings that you'll find on Amazon are very disappointing, and in general buying sex toys, there is a big mistake, as there is no quality control, lots of counterfeits..etc.
Yeah, they are cheap, but they are also crappy.
That's not the first sex swing experience you want.
Generally, door swings are attractive because you can just put them on top of the door, close it and voila — swing ready for action!
The only big precaution is that you must have a solid wooden door and a well-made frame or you may end up destroying your house in the highest moment of passion.
Usually, anything less than $100 is disappointing, but Sportsheets door swing is one okayish exception:
Sex against the wall or doors is voted as one of the hottest ways to make love.
The only trouble? Unless you do it from behind, face to face actual lovemaking is tough unless you're perfectly the same tallness.
Otherwise, the guy needs to lift her and do some heavy lifting.
It's safe to say not many of us are that fit…
Well, door sex swing comes to rescue:
Keep in mind that even if the swing supports weight up to 325 lbs (approx 350 kg)… If you're older and curvier you will have some challenges.
Like nylon straps will be too rigid and uncomfortable pressing in the skin.
You don't need to be modeling size like in the photos, but just a fair warning.
This is not the most comfortable swing. For $60 it cannot be.
Check this helpful video to see how the door swing looks and feels like:
Also, door swing is pretty much limited to two positions… well, and oral sex (which is super hot).
Still, this is a perfect introduction to the weightless world of swings.
The thrill and excitement of being suspended during sex is something incredible that I wish everyone to experience.
The Best Sex Sling (Most Comfortable Choice)
Sex slings are often confused with sex swings, but they are different in the way that they have 4-point hooks that allow for the most comfortable weightless suspension in the air.
The downside? Comfort is pricey.
Slings use the most materials, and also require 4-points for hooking up, which will require significantly more space no matter if you use a freestanding swing stand or have four hooks in the ceiling.
But then again, if most sex swings may be uncomfortable for chubby couples than slings will satisfy EVERYONE.
The sex slings down below are heavy duty and you'll fall in love with the effortless positions and variety you'll suddenly gain:
Non-Leather Screamer Sex Sling ($239) — (Comfort & Upgrade Choice)
Screamer brand has really nailed both sex slings and swings. It's a pity they aren't more well-known.
If you have space, willingness and love the comfortable suspension, this is the sling you want:
It's not as naughty as the leather sling, but it's definitely more practical and comfy.
Plus, since it's made from cotton and nylon it means that you can easily wash it & it will feel nice on naked skin.
The setup might take a little figuring out, but after it's done — weightless, effortless and exciting suspension sex life will follow.
Never again you'll need to complain about lack of variety or painful joints.
This video shows how Screamer sex sling looks like and discusses more of it's finer details:
Stockroom's Leather Sex Sling ($355) — (BDSM Dungeon Choice)
There's just something dark and exciting about cold, black leather, huh?
This sling is comfortable, but not TOO comfortable.
I mean, just look at that rough steel and leather piece of art.
To be fair, it does come with a pillow but the rough edges & steel pieces will ensure truly exciting BDSM play and will easily serve as the centerpiece in your dungeon.
Few notes though.
You'll need to buy rope or chains separately for hanging this sling.
Plus, if you don't want to hang it on the ceiling, you might want to consider this 4-point sling stand (designed to work together with this). It's well made and portable but does cost $480.
Again this is an old video, but still, it shows the leather sex sling and discusses the pros and cons of it:
This is the most expensive upgrade sling.
Definitely not for the faint of heart, but if you're looking for bragging rights and conversation centerpiece — it doesn't get much better than this.
The Best Sex Swing Stand
Finally, if you don't want to drill any holes or don't have a sturdy ceiling where to attach the eyelet screw, but you do have plenty of space…
Well, you might want to consider a sex swing stand.
They are portable, secure and the only downside is that those tubular steel frames get pricey.
$400 is the range that you should expect the stand to cost if you want anything secure and lasting.
There are two great choices that are quite similar, but the devil is in the details:
- Screamer Swing Stand — this is a more multipurpose option as it supports support for one hook and dual hook swings.
- Pipedreams Swings Stand — this stand only supports one point sex swings. But it's also higher and wider than Screamer which opens for a wider range of ideas & positions you can perform.
Screamer Sex Swing Stand ($400) For Single and Dual Hook Swings
This is a great stand if you have a dual hook sex swing (like Screamer swing recommendation).
The setup is easy and even if it takes quite a bit of space when out there, it's very portable for easy storage (comes even with a carrying bag).
Additionally, there are 12 mounting points for bondage, shibari & suspension play.
The frame itself is heavy-duty. It won't budge and holds up to 350lbs. No need to drill holes in ceilings or worry about accidents.
This stand will hold everything.
For a better understanding of how this stand looks and feels like check this video:
As told before, the only downside is that these stands are quite pricey.
Pipedreams One Point Swing Stand ($400)
Pipedream is another heavy-duty sex swing stand that will support up to 400lbs of weight.
The big difference from Screamer stand is that this swing only supports one point swings (but yeay, spinning).
Then if you check the dimensions, it's a higher and wider stand too.
It will be probably larger than you expect. It's very easy to use and assemble, when taken out in parts it's very portable.
Just check the video, the stand is built to last.
It nicely shows the assembling process and shows tons of positions that you might wanna try:
DIY: How To Use & Mount A Sex Swing
Now, let's discuss the best ways how to actually install a hanging sex swing.
Installing sex swing stands is easy (just check the video above).
As for the Sportsheets Door Jam sex swing installation, this video will help with safety and precautions:
Installing Hanging Sex Swings
If you gonna drill the hole in the ceiling however you need a little more know-how.
First, here's a hack solution where you can use a chin-up bar between the door and attach your sex swing without ANY drilling.
However, the same as with door swing, you do need a solid door and the frame for this to work.
But this solution allows to easily install both single and dual hook hanging swings. The only concern may be that the door is too low.
The most common (and best) recommendation is to use an eyelet screw that will work great if you have high ceilings and high rafters.
Ideally, you will drill either in concrete or solid wood.
This is a helpful video showing how to install single hook hanging sex swing in the wooden ceiling:
Finally, watch out for ceiling mount videos on Youtube.
Sex swings are quite specific, but you can look for heavy bag mount installation videos, like this one for example.
You'll get plenty of ideas for your own unique space.
But how to make sure the mount is discrete?
Well, either you tell how it is…or you can hide it with:
- hanging plants when not using a swing
- buy fake smoke detectors to cover hooks when guests are over.
- hang a hammock there.
After installing the swing I strongly suggest to put it really close to the floor initially.
Test it out. Make sure it holds.
You gotta have certainty that swing will hold to be able to relax and just focus on pleasure.
The Best Sex Swing Positions
The first suggestion is to adjust the height to your preferred positions and play with the sex swing before having actual sex in it.
You don't want to realize that swing is way too low or high at the heat of the moment.
Also, keep in mind that deep penetration can be difficult as swing tends to force the thighs together.
Here are a few of the most popular positions:
- Swing is great for deep throat fucking. The man stands up like a pirate and the partner can grab to the thighs and choke on you as much as she may want. Oral sex is great as one person can sit or stand on the floor and comfortably dig in.
- Missionary with partner standing is common and comfortable. One thing where sex swings shine is that they allow really GREAT targeting of the G-spot or prostate for incredible OMG orgasms.
- The doggy position with her having legs spread wide open. Just hold your ground and push her back and forth. Yum!
- A man sits in the swing, legs supported on the floor and woman sits on her. Man can rock back and forth. However, be mindful of your combined weight and if the ceiling can support it.
Finally, a good place to discover new positions is to go to Youtube and look for swing demo videos or just google “hanging sex swings” and go to images.
Manufacturers will give plenty of position ideas as their goal is to sell the swings and show them in the way that gets people fantasies going:
Bringing It All Together
That's about it.
Now you are officially the sex swing expert.
You know most that 99% of people and can make an informed decision on the best choice for YOU.
I really recommend you go for hanging sex swing if not even 4-point sex sling to get the best experience.
If you have the suspicion that you will enjoy this play, try not to be cheap.
Comfort is crucial in suspension play and comfortable materials cost money.
Don't fall into trap of cheap Amazon swings that will just bite into your skin and get painful fast.
Oh, and I really recommend you get a headrest, it greatly enhances the comfort.