If you want to find the best swing based on your specific needs and circumstances…
…then you’ll LOVE this thorough guide.
I personally reviewed 40 sex swings, swing stands and slings. To discover 5 best swings and 2 best swing stands.
And you can view them all on a handy side-by-side comparison chart and helpful videos.
When you’re done reading you’ll know exactly what kind of sex swing you need!
Let’s jump in:
If you’re in a hurry, here are quick best swing suggestions:
Screamer Sex Swing (⭐ Runner Up)
This is the most affordable budget, yet quality sex swing choice.
Since it’s based on one hook, you’ll get handy spinning sex action going on. Bondage Boutique swing will be best for slimmer couples.
And those that don’t really need that much padding or wider support (because of narrow hips).
While it’s not the cheapest swing, it’s hands-down the most comfortable.
There are handles for hands, leg support straps, and even the headrest.
Contrary to most swings which are made of nylon with velvety padding. This swing is primarily cotton that feels nice on naked skin. It will hold up to 300lbs.
Bondage Boutique Sex Swing (⭐ Overall Best)
The Bondage Boutique Deluxe Fetish Sex Swing will hold up to 300lbs. And is made from nylon mixed with velvety padding. All the surfaces are padded, even the metal spreader bar on top of the bar.
The only big thing that is missing is the headrest, but then again most swings come without it.
Highly recommended choice for the first quality suspension experience.
Introduction To Sex Swings
Let’s face it.
Day-to-day sex isn’t that exciting. Gets old pretty fast.
But a sex swing is a perfect way to spice it up in the bedroom overnight.
Plus, suspension sex is tons of fun, you’ll get excited about new positions a good sex swing will open up.
With swings, you can play out a light BDSM scene. Since it acts like bondage where the partner in the swing has very little to no control!
Oh, and with swings, some sex positions can be quite a workout for the guy.
But it’s a choice .
You can go as lazy or as hard as you like.
What You Should Know About Sex Swings?
First of all, you should know all the types of sex swings there are:
- Door sex swings — these are the most affordable (cheapest) and setup is a breeze. However, the range of motion and sex positions are highly limited. Also, you need sturdy doors for them. It’s a good starting option, but if you want a real sex swing experience, you want a free-hanging swing.
- Hanging sex swings (Either with one point or dual point hook.) — these body swings will give you the full suspension, weightless experience. There are one point sex swings that allow for 360 degrees spinning sex. And also the spinning swing. Dual point hooks don’t let you spin. But they allow higher wideness, which may be crucial for couples with wider hips.
- Sex slings — these have 4-point hooks which makes them the most comfortable. You could sleep in this thing. These types of slings are most loved between chubbier or older couples. (For whom comfort is #1 priority.)
- Sex swing stands — if you don’t want to drill a hole in the ceiling. You can get a stand that acts as a support for the swing or sling. Good stands are extremely secure, but also take quite a bit of space when out (but when in parts — very compact). And yes, they are quite pricey.
Now, this is a quick overview, it’s a lot to take in, but as you see the visuals and videos, it will all start making sense.
What To Watch Out When Shopping For A Sex Swing?
It will really help if you discuss with your partner upfront what you are looking for when getting a swing.
- are you looking for more orgasms with less work?
- or exactly the opposite? are you looking to make it a workout?
- new positions? excitement? variety?
- higher comfort?
- bondage play?
- do you want something like leather… or something that’s easily washable?
Surprises are nice. But if you invest a hefty amount for a sex swing, it is wise to decide together with a person you’ll be “flying” with.
How Comfortable Is a Sex Swing?
Like how much can you adjust it? And how secure is that adjustment?
Does the swing come with leg stirrups, headrest, wide main strap (where you’ll sit on), handles?
No one wants to feel uncomfortable. Specially if you are trying out a new Kama Sutra sex position.
The padding of the surface is very important.
Cheaper sex swings have thin padding. And the straps itself are quite narrow which means they will bruise and cut in your skin.
I would highly urge you not tobuy sex swing on Amazon. Lots of counterfeits and low-quality swings can be found there for cheap…NOT what you want.
If you’re chubbier and have wider hips, you need to be even more careful.
You’ll need wider straps and wider swing itself.
One point hook swings are always more narrow, and two-point hook swings are wider.
In the advertisements for sex swings, you will always see very fit models.
For them, every sex swing will be comfortable, but that might not be the case with you.
If you have mobility issues, you might even want to consider sex sling with 4-point hooks.
These offer the highest comfort.
How Much Space You’ve Got? And Can You Drill The Holes?
This is why door sex swings are so popular.
They take little space, require no setup…
But yeah, you won’t experience the full suspension experience…
Then, if you go for hanging sex swings obviously you either need to drill the hole in the ceiling. Or purchase a sex swing stand or hack together some other stand and repurpose it for “swinging”.
Every option has its drawbacks:
- Drilling the hole in the ceiling — this is the most affordable choice. And you can easily disguise that eye bolt and put a hanging plant, fake smoke detector when not using it. But you do need to find a secure place to drill the hole where there is a support beam. You may need some DIY practical skills, and you might not own the place.
- Door sex swing — very portable and easy setup, if you have solid doors. You might consider taking door swing when traveling. And using it in the hotel room as their doors are usually sturdy.
- Sex swing stand — they are pricey and take the most space when out there. But they are also heavy-duty pieces, that are actually very compact when in pieces. Stands also have added the benefit of having an extra surface to hold on to or add extra bondage play. It’s a long-term investment, and a good one.
Watch Out For Included Attachments
(Attachment like stirrup counts, body straps, and sex harnesses. Also carabiner clip, leg loops, wrist cuffs and screws.)
While this might not affect your decision on which sex swing you’ll choose. It will affect how quickly you’ll be able to start using it comfortably.
For example, some swings don’t have a good, welded eyelet bolt in the package. Or no spring bar or support bar.
Or no swivel that helps with spinning sex (for one-point hook swings).
Then additionally some swings have very few stirrups.
Inspect closely what’s included in the package, and what’s NOT.
You might discover that you’ll need to get additional attachments. That will be used for support, comfort or wider options of positions.
Companies are not trying to mislead. They are just trying to show how the sex swing would look in REAL LIFE, but you must read the fine details.
One big con is that almost no sex swing comes with headrest support. If you want to try horizontal positions then headrest is a must.
Just imagine holding your head horizontally for a few minutes with no support.
Watch out for these things and plan some extras in the budget.
Even then, you might need to visit a hardware store if you’re considering some DIY solution.
With these precautions covered, let’s jump into the actual sex swings, huh?
What Are The Best Sex Swings Out There in 2020? (Side-by-Side Comparison Chart)
Few notes before you check the chart in-depth:
Sometimes sex swings are overpriced (we filtered those out for you), but the adage is true — you get what you pay for.
Most sex swing enthusiasts would strongly suggest NOT to get anything less than $100.
However, we did include one budget item in the list.
If you are slim body type, the material won’t cut much into the skin. But if you’re curvier, unfortunately, there is no good budget choice for you.
You’ll need thick padding and wide straps to make the “swinging” experience enjoyable.
Here’s the quick rundown of the best choices before diving deeper:
- Screamer Sex Swing (Overall Best.) —this is the most comfortable, sturdy, and versatile sex swing for the price. Dual point hook will ensure that even curvier couples have a great experience. Since you can really customize the fit. Compared to most swings, it’s made from soft, thick cotton that ensures that you never feel any discomfort.
- Bondage Boutique Hanging Sex Swing (Runner Up.) — while not as comfortable as Screaming swing. ( It’s made from nylon and velvety padding.) The Bondage Boutique Deluxe Fetish Sex Swing comes with a one-point hook. Which has its benefits and downsides. Pros: Ease of setup + you can spin it with a 360 degree rotation. Cons: not comfortable for curvier couples. As the spreader bar doesn’t allow it for the main support strap to open too wide.
- Whipsmart Sex Swing — this is another one point hook alternative. And while it’s similar to Bondage Boutique Deluxe Fetish Sex Swing, this swing comes in four colors. Colors like pink, white, cheetah in addition to black. Then it has three main straps for position variety. It doesn’t come with handles (but you can purchase them separately). As this fantasy swing allows easy strap adding and removal.
- Sportsheets Door Sex Swing (Budget Choice.) — this door sex swing is the simplest & most affordable setup – if you own sturdy wooden doors with a solid frame. No need to drill anything or get a space-intensive stand. Just throw this thing behind a closed door and voila! Positions are limited, but you get to experience the hottest sex against the wall. A good starting option for first sex swing experience.
- Screamer Sex Sling (Comfort & Upgrade Choice.) — slings have four contact points that ensure the highest comfort. Which is especially important for older & curvier couples. It’s made from cotton material that’s machine washable and nice on naked skin. You might also consider a leather sling that will add to the BDSM dungeon factor. But it’s pricey especially if you get a 4-point sling stand with it.
- Screamer Sex Swing Stand (Best Stand)— this sturdy frame weighs around 47 lbs. You can assemble it within 5 minutes. A unique feature for this stand is that you can use it for both one-point hook swing and dual hook swings. Plus, there are 12 mounting points in total for a bondage play. This will be a great long term investment if you have space for it and don’t want to drill any holes.
- Pipedreams Swing Stand for both stands are quite similar but each has its pros and cons. Pipedream stand supports only one-point hook swing. But the frame itself is higher and wider ensuring better comfort and positioning.
Okay, here’s the best sex swings chart again, and now we’ll dive deeper into each item:
The Top 3 Overall Best Hanging Sex Swings
3 is the magic number huh?
But on a serious note the choices here should be very easy:
- A Screamer sex swing is a great dual hook choice if you want more comfort (and you always do). It’s a strong recommendation if you’re ready to invest in a great swing.
- Bondage Boutique and Whipsmart swings are quite similar. As they are both kinda intermediate budget choices. Both are fixated to one point hook. Whipsmart has three main stirrups and more colors. Bondage swing has two main stirrups but has extra handles. It’s up to you what you value more.
Let’s dive deeper into each choice.
Screamer Sex Swing (Overall Best)
When you’re looking for a sex swing that will last you a long time, comfort is a crucial consideration.
You’re seeking pleasure, not pain.
More orgasms with less work, huh?
Screamer swing is one of the rare pieces that has nailed the comfort part.
It has extra-wide and thick seat straps that will never cause discomfort on your skin. It’s made mainly from cotton (and no plastic parts). Contrary to most swings that are made from nylon primarily.
Slim couples will manage to have lots of fun even to the most basic door swing. But if you’re curvier (wider hips, bigger weight) you want max comfort and max sturdiness.
This is why it’s also important that this swing has dual hooks. That allow for wider space for comfortable sitting on the main strap.
Check out this video to see how the swing looks in real life:
A few bonuses are that you get a storage bag included and a headrest (extremely handy).
Downsides are that dual hook swings don’t spin 360 degree. And for this model, if you want to do a ceiling install, you’ll need to buy your own eye hooks (but they are cheap).
And you might need some upper body strength to pull off some sex positions.
Bondage Boutique Hanging Sex Swing (Runner Up)
The Bondage Boutique Hanging Sex Swing is the best budget hanging sex swing. And it is a great position enhancer.
Since it’s on the single hook, it’s handy that you can spin in it 360 degree. (for spinning swing sex)
The Bondage Boutique Hanging Sex Swing comes with a downside too, it may be not wide enough for a curvier person.
But this Spinning Sex Swing is a great choice for slim couples or the ones with some curves.
One downside is that it doesn’t come with a headrest (but most swings don’t have one for weird reasons).
If you experiment with horizontal positions. You will quickly feel the strain on your neck. You can get a headrest here.
That feeling of weightlessness & fully giving the control to your partner is magical. (Even if you stick to vertical positions.)
Here’s a helpful video showing how the Bondage Boutique Hanging Sex Swing looks. Also discusses its functions:
Oh and if you don’t have much DIY skills you’ll be pleasantly surprised that setup is very simple.
You just need to find a strong place for ceiling joist where you can screw the eyebolt and that’s about it.
You screw the eyebolt (the higher ceiling the better), hang the swing and you’re ready to go.
What’s unique about Whipsmart is that you can pick between four colors. Where for some reason black costs a little bit more, when more exciting colors are a little bit cheaper.
You get to pick from pink, cheetah (add some spots), white, and black colors.
Another handy feature is that each stirrup comes with a clip. Allowing easy removal of stirrups you don’t use. This allows for wider variety of positions. And avoids you getting trapped in wired pads by accident 😉
An important note is that their eyehook (for screwing in-ceiling) is quite small and not welded. So for your safety would recommend to go to the hardware and buy something better.
Padding is quite thick and the main straps are 5″ wide, which is great. But keep in mind that webbing inside the strap is 2″. Keep that in mind, if you’re heavier as it might cause some issues. It can hold a weight limit of 450 lbs.
Watch this helpful video showing off and explaining Whispmart swing. Plus this store offers free headrest in the purchase (very handy).
Finally, remember that it doesn’t come with leg stirrups. And the spreader bar on top for hands doesn’t have velvety padding as Bondage Boutique swing does.
Not featured, but could be an option, is the yoga swing. A yoga swing has two straps that have wider support. And the handles of the Yoga sex swing are padded.
Downside of the Yoga sex swing is that it does not have enough back support. And that the yoga swing may not be suitable for persons who are heavier.
Yoga sex swing is perfect for those who want to try out challenging positions. While the yoga swing may not be for everyone, it certainly could help you explore crazy positions.
If you are the adventurous type, then you and your partner should definitely try the Yoga Sex swing.
The Best Door Sex Swing (Budget Choice)
A fair warning first:
Most door sex swings that you’ll find on Amazon are very disappointing. And in general buying sex toys, there is a big mistake, as there is no quality control, lots of counterfeits..etc.
Yeah, they are cheap, but they are also crappy. And some even restrict too much blood flow to your body while being suspended.
That’s not the first sex swing experience you want.
Generally, door swings are attractive because you can just put them on top of the door. Close it and voila — swing ready for action!
The only big precaution is that you must have a solid wooden door and a well-made frame. Or you may end up destroying your house in the highest moment of passion.
Usually, anything less than $100 is disappointing. But Sportsheets door swing is one okayish exception:
Sex against the wall or doors is voted as one of the hottest ways to make love.
The only trouble? Unless you do it from behind, face to face actual lovemaking is tough. Unless you’re perfectly the same tallness.
Otherwise, the guy needs to lift her and do some heavy lifting.
It’s safe to say not many of us are that fit…
Well, door sex swing comes to rescue:
Keep in mind that even if the swing supports weight up to 325 lbs (approx 350 kg). If you’re older and curvier you will have some challenges.
Like nylon straps will be too rigid and uncomfortable pressing in the skin.
You don’t need to be modeling size like in the photos, but just a fair warning.
This is not the most comfortable sex swing.
Check this helpful video to see how the door swing looks and feels like:
Also, door swing is pretty much limited to two positions… well, and oral sex (which is super hot).
Still, this is a perfect introduction to the weightless world of swings.
The thrill and excitement of being suspended during sex is something incredible. I wish everyone to experience it.
The Best Sex Sling (Most Comfortable Choice)
Sex slings are often confused with sex swings. But they are different in the way that they have 4-point hooks. That allow for the most comfortable weightless suspension in the air.
The downside? Comfort is pricey.
- Stockroom’s leather sex sling is somewhat pricey
- Screamer non-leather washable sling is for a good price.
Slings use the most materials. And also require 4-points for hooking up. It will require significantly more space no matter if you use a freestanding sex swing stand. Or have four hooks in the ceiling.
But then again, if most sex swings may be uncomfortable for chubby couples. Then slings will satisfy EVERYONE.
The slings down below are heavy duty. And you’ll fall in love with the effortless positions and variety you’ll suddenly gain:
Non-Leather Screamer Sex Sling — (Comfort & Upgrade Choice)
Screamer brand has really nailed both sex slings and swings. It’s a pity they aren’t more well-known.
If you have space, willingness and love the comfortable suspension, this is the sling you want:
It’s not as naughty as the leather sling, but it’s definitely more practical and comfy.
Plus, since it’s made from cotton and nylon it means that you can easily wash it & it will feel nice on naked skin.
The setup might take a little figuring out. But after it’s done — weightless, effortless & exciting suspension sex life will follow.
Never again you’ll need to complain about lack of variety or painful joints.
This video shows how Screamer sex sling looks like and discusses more of it’s finer details:
Stockroom’s Leather Sex Sling — (BDSM Dungeon Choice)
There’s just something dark and exciting about cold, black leather, huh?
This sling is comfortable, but not TOO comfortable.
I mean, just look at that rough steel and leather piece of art.
To be fair, it does come with a pillow. But the rough edges & steel pieces will ensure truly exciting BDSM play. It will easily serve as the centerpiece in your dungeon.
Few notes though.
You’ll need to buy rope or chains separately for hanging this sling.
Plus, if you don’t want to hang it on the ceiling, you might want to consider this 4-point sling stand. (Designed to work together with this.) It’s well made and portable but does cost a little bit more compared to other brands.
Again this is an old video, but still, it shows the leather sling and discusses the pros and cons of it:
This is the most expensive upgrade sling.
Definitely not for the faint of heart. But if you’re looking for bragging rights and conversation centerpiece. — It doesn’t get much better than this.
Another alternative is the Purple Reins Sex Sling. The Purple Reins Sex Sling is a super-comfy hammock-style sex swing. It is made up of reinforced Nylon straps fully adjustable for perfect positioning.
Plus the Purple Reins Sex Sling’s – Industrial strength C-shape support frame is ideal. And perfect for adding extra restraints. Its leg loops are made of webbing but is comfortable enough during play.
It can be considered as a hammock style sex sling. A hammock style sex sling provides almost full body support.
The Purple Reins sex swing is best suited to homes with high ceilings and strong rafters. Purple Reins sex swing can help you experiment with different angles and positions.
Or you could even blind fold your partner while on the Purple Reins sex swing. And explore using a sex toy while your partner is suspended.
The Best Sex Swing Stand
Finally, if you don’t want to drill any holes. Or don’t have a sturdy ceiling where to attach the eyelet screw, but you do have plenty of space…
Well, you might want to consider a sex swing stand.
They are portable, secure and the only downside is that those tubular steel frames get pricey.
In the image below, is the price range that you should expect the stand to cost. if you want anything secure and lasting.
There are two great choices that are quite similar, but the devil is in the details:
- Screamer Swing Stand — this is a more multipurpose option. As it supports support for one hook and dual hook swings.
- Pipedreams Swings Stand — this stand only supports one point sex swings. But it’s also higher and wider than Screamer which opens for a wider range of ideas & positions you can perform.
Screamer Sex Swing Stand For Single and Dual Hook Swings
This is a great stand if you have a dual hook sex swing (like Screamer swing recommendation).
The setup is easy and even if it takes quite a bit of space when out there. It’s very portable for easy storage (comes even with a carrying bag).
Weight limit is 350 lbs.
Additionally, there are 12 mounting points for bondage, shibari & suspension play.
The frame itself is heavy-duty. It won’t budge and holds up to 350lbs. No need to drill holes in ceilings or worry about accidents.
This stand will hold everything.
For a better understanding of how this stand looks and feels like check this video:
As told before, the only downside is that these stands are quite pricey.
Pipedream Fetish Fantasy Sex Swing Stand is another heavy-duty sex swing stand. It can support up to 400lbs of weight.
Fetish Fantasy sex swing stand only supports one point swings. (but yeay, spinning sex) It is the big difference from Screamer stand.
Then if you check the dimensions, Fetish Fantasy swing has a higher and wider stand too.
This stand can be a perfect pair for the Fetish Fantasy 360 Degree Spinning Sex Swing. The 360 Degree Spinning Sex Swing itself can support up to 350lbs.
Many positions require a great deal of exertion and skill to hold for even short periods of time. Same with positions Achievable with the Fetish Fantasy 360 Degree Spinning Sex Swing.
The Fetish Fantasy swing stand will be probably larger than you expect. The Fantasy swing stand is very easy to use and assemble, when taken out in parts it’s very portable.
Just check the Pipedream Fetish Fantasy Sex Swing Stand video, the stand is built to last.
It nicely shows the assembling process. And shows tons of positions that you might wanna try if you attach the spinning sex swing:
If you don’t have a stand, Fantasy swings just require a ceiling, and you are good to go!
Fantasy swings are generally suspended from a single hook. And attached to a ceiling joist.
DIY: How To Use & Mount A Sex Swing
Now, let’s discuss the best ways how to actually install a hanging sex swing and make DIY sex furniture.
Installing sex swing stands is easy.
Usually sex swing comes with installation instructions. But below are few creative hanging solutions:
Installing Hanging Sex Swings
If you’re gonna drill a hole in the ceiling you need a “how to hang sex swing” guide.
First, here’s a hack solution. Where you can use a chin-up bar between the door and attach your sex swing without ANY drilling.
However, the same as with door swing, you do need a solid door and the frame for this to work.
But this solution allows to easily install both single and dual hook hanging swings. The only concern may be that the door is too low.
The most common (and best) recommendation is to use an eyelet screw. It will work great if you have high ceilings and high rafters.
Ideally, you will drill either in concrete or solid wood.
Finally, watch out for ceiling mount videos on Youtube.
Sex swings are quite specific. But you can look for heavy bag mount installation videos, like this one for example.
You’ll get plenty of ideas for your own unique space.
But how to make sure the mount is discrete?
Well, either you tell how it is…or you can hide it with:
- hanging plants when not using a sex swing
- buy fake smoke detectors to cover hooks when guests are over.
- hang a hammock there.
After installing the sex swing I strongly suggest to put it really close to the floor initially.
Test it out. Make sure it holds.
You gotta have certainty that the sex swing will hold to be able to relax and just focus on pleasure.
The Best Sex Swing Positions
The first suggestion is to adjust the height to your preferred positions. And play with the sex swing before having actual sex in it.
You don’t want to realize that the sex swing is way too low or high at the heat of the moment.
Also, keep in mind that deep penetration can be difficult as the sex swing tends to force the thighs together.
Here are a few of the most popular sex swing positions:
- Swing is great for deep throat fucking. The man stands up like a pirate and the partner can grab to the thighs and choke on you as much as she may want. Oral sex is great as one partner can sit or stand on the floor and comfortably dig in.
- Missionary with partner standing is common and comfortable. One thing where sex swings shine is that they allow really GREAT targeting of the G-spot. Or the prostate for incredible OMG orgasms.
- The doggy position with her having legs spread wide open. Just hold your ground and push her back and forth. Yum!
- One partner sits in the sex swing, legs supported on the floor and woman sits on her. Man can rock back and forth. However, be mindful of your combined weight and if the ceiling can support it.
Finally, a good place to discover new positions is to go to Youtube. And look for sex swing demo videos or just google “hanging sex swings” or “fantasy swing” and go to images.
Sex toys manufacturers will give plenty of position ideas. As their goal is to sell the swings and show them in the way that gets people fantasies going:
Bringing It All Together
That’s about it.
Now you are officially an expert on how to use a sex swing.
You know more than 99% of people and can make an informed decision on the best choice for YOU.
I really recommend you go for a hanging sex swing if not even a 4-point sex sling to get the best sex furniture experience.
If you have the suspicion that you will enjoy this play, try not to be cheap.
Comfort is crucial in suspension play and comfortable materials cost money.
Don’t fall into trap of cheap Amazon sex swings that will just bite into your skin and get painful fast.
Don’t forget to check weight restrictions imposed for the swings mentioned, so that no one will get hurt.
Oh, and I really recommend you get a headrest, it will be a very positive investment in your sex life.