From Vac-U-Lock toys to harnesses and attachments, there is a whole world of Vac U Lock bits and bobs to be found. Let’s dive in!
If you have spent any time browsing online sex stores for toys, you will have come across the term “Vac-U-Lock”.
But…do you know exactly what Vac-U-Lock is?
Well, get comfortable.
It’s time for a sex toy education!
What Is A Vac-U-Lock System?
Vac-U-lock is a very simple two-part system consisting of:
- an adaptor with a plug/prong that fits into the hole in the base of a sex toy;
- a compatible sex toy…one with a hole!
This system, designed and patented by Doc Johnson, allows you to easily attach your favorite toys to different devices in the most secure way.
It gives you variety, allowing you to switch between dildos whether you’re using a harness, a sex machine, or a suction cup.
Basically, it turns your hand-held toy into a HANDS-FREE sex experience.
How Does Vac-U-Lock Work?
The system of adaptor and dildo may seem like a very simple one, but the most genius of innovations often are.
When you insert the prong into the dildo hole, it expels air creating a vacuum and a vice-like grip.
So, you can bounce up and down on your dong until your heart’s content without fear of it slipping off.
It also lets you get the most out of your favorite toys as you won’t need to buy a whole new harness or fucking machine for every dildo. Which also saves you money!
What Is Vac-U-Lock Attachment Commonly Used For?
As mentioned, you can use Vac-U-Lock toys with suction cups, harnesses, and sex machines.
Let’s explore some of the most popular options for each, shall we?
Vac-U-Lock Suction Cups
These attachments allow you to mount your dildos and dongs to almost any smooth surface. From floors to chairs, to walls, and even to pilates balls…bouncy!
But as with every sex toy, you have a variety of suction cups to choose from…
Doc Johnson Vac-U-Lock Suction Cup
Standard strong suction cup
For a good sturdy base with plenty of suction, check out the Doc Johnson Vac-U-Lock Suction Cup.
It’s made from solid PVC – not the best material when it comes to sex toys, but as it’s just a base, we’ll let it slide.
Its wide base stays strong once planted. No matter how much you gyrate, that thing ain’t shifting! BUT, don’t worry, it also has a molded tab on the base for easy removal.
Oh! And it’s also waterproof. Great for some solo-shower-sex.
Doc Johnson Vac-U-Lock Black Deluxe 360° Swivel Suction Cup Plug
Rotating suction cup
If you want your Vac-U-Lock dildo to hit those hard to reach hot spots, then the 360 degrees swivel suction cup should do the trick.
This Vac-U-Lock prong sits on a rotating ball joint that swivels in any direction.
A great option for angle adjustability without having to readjust the suction cup.
Mr. Hankey’s Heavy Duty Suction Cup
For going big
If you’re a size queen playing with HUGE toys, then you need a suction cup that can handle the weight. MrHankey’s Heavy Duty Suction Cup is probably your best option.
Their Vac-U-Lock STYLE (remember, it’s patented!) suction cup is designed to take the weight of heavy dongs without sliding off the wall.
But, in order to take the heavier dildos, the suction cup is pretty large and heavy, making it too large for most harnesses.
The main difference in design here is with the prong. With Doc Johnson’s Vac-U-Lock, the prong is more ‘tree-like’.
MrHankey’s aluminum prong is rounded which makes dildo removal easier and less likely to damage the inside of your toy.
On their site you can find it in Shop – Accessory section.
Kink Silicone Vac-U-Lock Power Wand Attachment
Enjoy more magic
Doc Johnson teamed up with the BDSM porn empire, Kink.com to create a Vac U Lock Magic Wand attachment.
Just attach your favorite sex toy on and get vibrating power of the wand.
The good news – the attachment is made of silicone. Nice to know the material is body-safe when it’s going near your genitals!
Strap On Harnesses
Doc Johnson Vac-U-Lock Luxe Harness
Vac-U-Lock harnesses are widely celebrated as the most stable when it comes to strap-on sex.
A dildo attached with Vac-U-lock has less ‘wiggle’ room than on the O-ring harnesses.
Perfect for strapping on bigger toys! And less time spent tightening straps or holding the dildo in place.
That said, the base on Vac-U-Lock adapters can get a little uncomfortable when used for long sex sessions or during rough play.
What you can do though, is try the Doc Johnson Vac-U-lock harness.
It has both Vac-U-Lock and O-Ring capabilities. So, you can switch if it starts to hurt.
Secure Attachment of Dildos to Sex Machines
The majority of sex machines come with Vac-U-lock attachment as default. But, there are a few that don’t.
For example, the Hismith fucking machine, comes with a Quick-Air connector.
BUT they have an adaptor that you can purchase separately allowing you to attach your favorite Vac-U-Lock dildos.
Hismith also has a Vac-U-Lock Reciprocating Saw Sex-Machine Adapter suitable for most standard power tools (use HSM10 code at Hismith site checkout to get 10% off).
So you can make DIY weekends so much more fun!
Where To Find Good Vac-U-Lock Silicone Dildos?
You would think that since Doc Johnson are the creators of the Vac-U-Lock system, that they would be your best bet for Vac-U-Lock dildos. But, not necessarily.
Well, the majority of their products are made from other less desirable materials, such as jelly and PVC.
These materials are porous and extremely difficult, if not impossible, to sanitize.
Plus, even though they claim to be “Phthalate Free”, there are currently no health and safety checks to ensure this is true.
If you can’t be 100% sure of the body-safety…then, don’t fuck it!
That said, they do have a Platinum range of body-safe silicone toys, including the dual-density and ultra real-feel TRUSKYN.
This stuff feels like the real deal AND you can pop it in the dishwasher for a good, deep clean.
As silicone is always going to be our material of choice, either stick with their Platinum range OR shop around… We’ve made an article of most realistic dildos you can check.
Here are our top 3 online sex toy stores with a few of the best Vac-U-Lock silicone dildos and attachments they have to offer:
Explore Mr. Hankey’s Toys If You Like Huge High Quality dildos
Mr. Hankey Toys store offer toys in all shapes and sizes, colors, and levels of firmness.
They are the first stop shop for size queens with their massive range of giant dildos.
Whether you go for the traditional realistic penis dildos or the fantasy, Sci-Fi inspired dildos, you have the choice to add a Vac-U-hole.
It is just $5 extra and is definitely worth doing just to have that extra freedom.
If you like huge and high-quality dildos, here are a few top contenders from Mr. Hankey:
- Nick Capra: The life cast realistic dildo comes in 4 different sizes, from original (6.7” insertable length) to XXXL (a whopping 11.5” insertable).
- Seahorse Dildo: This exotic ocean-inspired dildo comes in 4 different colors (tan, brown, black, metallic green) and 5 different sizes. The lumps and bumps texture is what seems to drive most reviewers wild. You can also find a 7” long mini version of this dildo (and others!) on the site.
- Prince Charming: If you prefer girth over length or are into anal stretching, then this fat dildo will very likely please. The circumference of the XXL goes up to 15” near the base. Certainly not for the faint-hearted!
Shevibe started out as a small garage operation led by a husband and wife team and has grown to be one of the largest sex toy suppliers in the US.
They have a huge catalog of carefully selected brands, including Doc Johnson.
But they also have a load of other Vac-U-Lock compatible dildos to choose from.
What should you check out?
- John Holmes Ultraskyn Realistic Cock: This 8” cock comes with a removable Vac-U-Lock suction cup for more variety. Made from Ultraskyn, it’s designed to feel like the real thing. BUT, it’s porous and hard to clean/sanitize. You can protect the toy (and yourself) by using a non-lubricated condom.
- The Realm – Draken: This silicone 7.25” dildo is ‘lock-on’ ready and can be used with a harness (either O-Ring or Vac-U-Lock). The dragon-skin texture isn’t too chunky but it will require a good amount of lube for it to glide in.
- The Realm – Realistic 8-Inch Silicone Lock-On Dildo: Another from The Realm range, these dildos are great if you’re into fantasy role-playing. Attach them to a ‘lock-on’ sword handle and pleasure your princess! This one gives you veiny girth, a pronounced head, and a skin-like texture.
Lovehoney: Look for Body Safe Options
LoveHoney is the largest online sex shop in the world with a wide variety of sex toys for all levels of kinksters.
They have plenty of brands to choose from, including their own “Lovehoney BASICS” and Doc Johnson sex toys.
Just remember, unless it’s Doc Johnson Premium, they aren’t going to be silicone.
Although the PVC is claimed to be ‘body-safe’ and Phthalate-Free. But it’s up to you to decide what to put in your body.
- Doc Johnson Code Black Raging Hard-On Dildo: Not the girthiest of toys, but the 8” shaft of spiraling ridges gives plenty of stimulation. Being a Vac-U-Lock dildo, you can easily use it with a suction cup or a Vac-U-Lock harness. That PVC though… it does have a distinct synthetic smell that many users have commented on.
- Doc Johnson Jeff Stryker: You can go bigger with the 9” schlong. Made from ULTRASKYN, it’s super-realistic. But the material is quite delicate, so be sure to follow the care instructions closely. It comes with a Vac-U-Lock removable suction cup for extra playtime options.
- Doc Johnson Bam: With 10” insertable length and 8.5” circumference, this is a great option for the size queens. Just be sure to have plenty of lube! It can be a little heavy on the wrist for solo play, but it also has the Vac-U-Lock suction cup and can be used with a harness to make it hands-free.
They even have this useful video on how to enjoy better strap on sex with Vac-U-Lock:
Tips To Get The Most Out Of Your Vac-U-Lock Dildos
Use Talc Powder / Cornflour
If you buy a patented Doc Johnson adaptor or toy, you may be offered the Vac-U-Powder. This powder helps with the insertion and removal of the Vac-U-Lock plug into the dildo hole.
BUT, at almost 12 bucks a pop, you can find MUCH cheaper alternatives. For example, talc powder and cornflour do the exact same thing.
A little dusting of either of these on the plug and you’ll have an easy in and out at a fraction of the price.
Add Extra Vibration
In the kink world, the minute you have a hole, someone wants to put something in it!
And the Vac-U-Lock dildo hole is just right for a small vibrator.
It’s actually a little too wide to snugly fit most bullet vibrators. BUT SheVibe stock one powerful bullet-style vibe that fits like a glove.
Enter, Vooom by Screaming-O.
The Vooom is not your run-of-the-mill bullet.
It’s rechargeable, packs more vibration, yet it’s quieter (with a hum rather than a buzz), and has 10 different vibration patterns.
While it does fit the Vac-U-Lock hole getting it out can be more of a challenge.
You’ll need to apply some pressure from the middle of the dildo and pull downwards.
You can also use some lube when inserting to help make removal easier.
Convert Almost Any Toy To Vac-u-Lock
If you’re handy with a drill, then you can turn your favorite solid-based dildo into a Vac-U-Lock toy. You need to drill a hole about 3” deep into the base to allow a Vac-U-Lock prong to fit.
To do that, you’ll need:
- A metal pipe (copper for example) of roughly 0.75” diameter and at least 4.5” long (longer is better but will depend on your drill bit). One end of the pipe should be cut sharp. Then, measure and mark 3” up from the sharp end.
- A drill with a spade/paddle bit. With a marker or piece of colored tape, mark 3” from the drill end of the bit.
Take your fav dildo and mark the center of the toy’s mass on the base. Just be sure that your toy is wide enough to cut into without weakening its structure.
Carefully, press the sharp end of the pipe into the base rotating as you go. Insert it until you reach the 3” marker on the pipe.
Oh, you will need to lubricate the pipe with a little dish soap and water as you go to get a nice smooth action. Be careful not to slip!
Then, take your drill bit, place it inside the pipe, and drill about 3”.
Once done, remove the pipe, rinse the hole and lubricate with water-based lubricant. Your Vac-U-Lock adaptor should slip right in.
Mix it Up!
While Doc Johnson isn’t my favorite provider of toys, they certainly have revolutionized the world of sex toys.
Their Vac-U-Lock system makes switching things up easy. You’re not stuck with one dildo for one harness or one sex-machine.
You can get creative, go BIG, and go hands-free with as many dildos as you like. Variety is the spice of life after all!