Onahole maintenance requires that you pay attention not to leave any moisture within after use. You may use warm water, soap, or a recommended antibacterial to get this done.
Now, as we’re all aware… The best male masturbator toys are mostly made from fine and high-quality silicone. The material does a great work of simulating real skin and is easy to clean.
And, while that is true, there is also a great number made from lesser materials.
In our case, for example, the famous onaholes. These masturbating aids originated from Japan and are a great hit with guys across the globe.
Cleaning these toys is what matters the most as they’re not as durable… But if you do it right, you’ll avoid the pain of moulds growing in their sleeves. Or deterioration of material quality and the awful smells that come afterwards.
You come back from work tired and just want to pull a quick one out. But you aren’t sure whether you’d cleaned up your buddy after the previous stroke.
And you are way too tired to even take off your pants all the way down… Won’t it be a HUGE relief when you walked up to your drawer and found it there – spotless and ready to serve? 🙂
Well, today, I’ll show you the best onahole cleaning practice and what you’ll need to keep your toy squeaky clean.
Let’s begin.. 🙂
How To Prepare For Onahole Cleaning?
Before we set the ball rolling… It’s important that you have the following in your cleaning checklist:
- Soap – Use a mild unscented one of your choice. Antibacterial for some.
- Warm water – Best recommended temperature for washing. Hot water may degrade some onaholes’ material.
- Drying agents – To take off excess moisture once you’re done rinsing. May include microfiber towels, cotton swabs, tissue paper, etc.
- Storage – To safely keep your toy from dirt and other contaminants.
Tip: Avoid using alcohol as it dissolves and degrades TPE materials. This will make them unusable faster. Instead, you may use cleaners with benzalkonium chloride.
Now, after you’re done making yourself happy with your toy, it’s imperative that you clean it before storing.
You may use normal unscented soap and warm water or one that’s equivalent to your body temperature.
Just open the toy’s mouth with your fingers and let the water flush all your by-products down. Do this in your sink or in the shower.
Once you’ve lathered up properly, rub its internals with your fingers to clear out anything still left inside. Rinse well afterwards.
If the toy’s material is not hard, you may turn it inside out to get more thorough. Just be careful the toy does not tear.
And if you have trust issues with the effectiveness of regular soap, then you can also get an antibacterial toy cleaner.
Tip: You may also use a wine bottle’s tapered neck for flushing water (either soapy or pure for the wash and rinse cycles) inside your toy’s deeper ends.
Once you’re through with rinsing, it’s only right that we dry it before storing to prevent any kind of bacteria/fungal build-up.
And for this step you may:
- Use a microfiber towel to dry off the excess water on its body. Also, you can wrap it around your finger and use it to poke-dry the inside of your toy. That’ll dry off moisture and any residue still hidden in between the sleeve’s ribbed walls and ridges.
- Leave it upside down on a towel if you don’t have time to do “1” above. This may be because you’re in a rush to get somewhere/do other things. It’s much slower and will not take out the moisture inside the toy.
- Put in front of a fan if your towels are indispensable at the moment. It is way faster than the “2” and will do better work at eliminating the hidden moisture inside the toy.
- Dab with cotton swabs/tissue to check if there’s any business still stuck inside. While this method is more precise, it will take a longer time to achieve the goal here. But – great things come to those who wait – right?
- Use a Quick Drying Stick to suck moisture out of the innards of your Onahole. So far it’s one of the best methods. Its diatomite and carbon compound absorbs moisture relatively fast and effectively.
Well, storing is the last and equally important stage of how to clean an onahole.
So, after drying… you can:
- Wrap it in a cloth or towel for long-term storage and keeping it dry, away from plain sight.
- Keep it in a breathable bag that supports airflow. This is very important in keeping it away from direct sunlight that would otherwise make it more prone to tear. Some onaholes come with this included in the package.
- Use storage cases included in some to conceal their identity. Most look like nice little cocoons and are very handy in preventing dust and dirt from accumulating on the toy’s surface.
- Use an improvised clean box if your onahole doesn’t come with either 2 or 3 above. Just ensure that you poke air-holes on its sides to allow airflow.
And if you’re using yours for a long time, then you can apply cornstarch to prevent your onahole from getting moldy. This is vital if you use yours in between long periods of storage time.
It’ll keep the toy dry and counter the sticky feeling that comes after long use. Regular users may not have to worry much about this.
Lastly, as an alternative, you may also use normal baby powder or Fleshlight’s renewal powder.
Other People Maintenance & Care Tips
Check out these other onahole care and tips from Reddit by people who’ve had experience with them.
Here’s what Skillex99 said:
“Do not turn hard onaholes inside out, or they will tear sooner or later. Antibacterial soap is perfect for cleaning them. After cleaning you need to dry them. The outside can easily be done with a towel, but on the inside will get tricky. I use a cloth stick in order to dry the inside.
Another maintenance problem… could be powdering. Because after some months Onaholes will get a sticky surface, that picks ups dirt insanely easy and just feels terrible. You won’t notice it on the inside thanks to lube though. So I don’t always do something about it… But you can use corn starch or talcum powder to keep them feeling smooth”
“If your toy is mouldy, throw it out and get a new one… Ideally, one that is silicone and you can clean properly to void any mould growing in the first place.”
You now have the best onahole maintenance tips from the professionals.
Remember, these toys aren’t built to last very long. So, how you clean and maintain them will either increase or shorten the time you two will spend together.
The TPE material is highly porous. It will always hide something no matter how thorough you are with cleaning.
But one thing’s for sure though… When an onahole starts giving you the moldy business, it’s best if you just chuck it. Get a silicone model if you can and enjoy an easier cleaning process with better sensations in the long run.
That’s it from me today folks!
Have you enjoyed reading this article? I’m sure you’ll love our male masturbation techniques guide as well.
Feel free to share and leave any questions in the Comments Section below!
Happy Stroking, everyone 🙂