Make anal more satisfying with positions for different scenarios and purposes. We list down all the best anal sex positions, regardless of your experience level.
Are you eager to have your woman orgasm like never before? Or are you looking for something different and exciting to do in bed?
Well, we’ve got your BACK!
There are many ways to make anal sex more satisfying. You just need to unlock the right techniques to get the job done.
Remember that anal doesn’t have to be painful. All it takes is for you to know the best positions. Well… Anal sex positions that is.
SO KEEP CALM and read our ultimate anal sex positions guide for first-timers to intermediate and more advanced players. You’ll surely learn a thing or two.
Without further ado, read away!
Getting Familiar With Everything Down There
Many people still view anal sex as taboo today. That’s probably why it is quite appealing to some women out there.
There’s just something about good girls going bad that makes it that much hotter. Wouldn’t you agree?
But you can’t just go diving into anal sex territory without knowing all the basics. So, first, you need to be familiar with anatomy.
And no, I’m not talking about the male or female reproductive organs. This is anal sex we’re talking about. It’s all about the ANUS!
Knowing the areas in and around the anus helps you understand how the different positions and techniques work. In addition, you’ll know which places to stimulate, leaving your woman begging for more.
So gear on up, and let’s get to some anatomy lessons first!
Anal Anatomy 101
- Anus. First, we have the anal opening, simply the ‘anus’ itself. It is made up of soft tissue and has thousands of nerve endings. These nerve endings help register sensations to the brain, which lets the person feel pleasure or pain.
- Anal canal. The anal canal is just a few inches after the opening. It is also made up of soft tissue and has its own set of nerve endings.
- Rectum. The rectum then follows, which is about nine inches long. This is closely connected to the large intestine and is where fecal matter is stored before being released.
Now, why is all of this important?
To put it simply, you need to understand that your anus is sensitive to touch or stimulation.
It is not the same as the rectum, as that area is more sensitive to pressure. This is due to the presence of sphincter muscles.
Both internal and external sphincter muscles surround the anal canal and rectum. These things work on their own though they are also known to work together.
You can control the external sphincter muscles by tightening or relaxing the anal opening. However, the internal sphincter is under the central nervous system. So you can’t do much to it.
Don’t worry about it, though, as we’ll give you the secrets of relaxing these muscles in your anus later on.
The Difference Between Male and Female Anal Anatomy
One huge difference between the male and female anal areas is that men have the ‘prostate gland.’ Some people even refer to it as the ‘male G-spot.’ It’s found somewhere around the penis’ base surrounding part of the urethra.
You can stimulate the prostate from the outside if you’re uncomfortable with penetration. But using a sex toy or finger may just do the trick.
Men can also orgasm through anal play. You just need the right pressure and technique to get the kind of ‘ecstasy’ they want.
Don’t Be Afraid to Experiment on Your Own
One of the best ways to get started in anal is to experiment with yourself. Just get that lube and finger ready, and you’re set.
Getting to pleasure your anus would help you understand how to be gentle with your sexual partner. It lets you realize that it is never good to rush anal play. You must always remain patient.
Make sure to give time to have the anus feel relaxed.
Forcing your penis through may just cause things to get messy and painful. So, give your partner’s butthole a massage first.
Anal training can do so much to the benefit of your sex life. It could even make the experience something new and exciting to do. So don’t be ashamed to practice it regularly.
Anal Sex: How to Be Ready?
Anal sex is something that you cannot just think to do on the spot. There needs to be some form of planning involved. You have to take the right steps to guarantee a pain-free yet exciting time.
With that in mind, here are three tips to take note of:
1. Planning Your Bathroom Visits
It’s normal to be afraid of having things go messy during anal play. But you shouldn’t think about that too much. You’re a normal human being, after all.
This means your regular bowel movements come with the territory. So all you have to do is clear it all up before engaging in anal.
A visit to the bathroom within at least an hour or even two could do. Then, just empty those eggs you ate for breakfast, and you’re good to go.
Pair that with a shower afterward, and voilà, you’re all clean and ready!
2. Use of Enemas
It is unnecessary to have a blast of water enter your anus to clean it all out. Using a combo of soap, baby wipes, and water can be more than enough. But a lot of people prefer to be thorough.
This is where the use of enemas or anal douche comes in.
One available option many have used is those small enema bulbs. It’s quite popular since it is pretty easy to use. The steps are as follows:
- Fill the bulb with water or a saline solution.
- Lubricate the tip.
- Insert to your anus and squeeze slowly.
- Hold the water in before releasing it all out in the toilet.
- Repeat until the released water becomes clear.
A great choice for couples who have anal sex regularly is the anal douche shower attachment.
This is more of a permanent option, and the steps to use it are similar to that of the enema bulb.
BE CAREFUL, THOUGH!
Don’t spray too much water using the attachment. This could potentially damage the soft tissue around the anal muscle due to the high pressure. Always take it at a slow and steady pace.
Again, remember that enemas or douches are not necessary tools in anal sex. So, don’t go out of your way to use them.
3. Keep the Lube Coming
The anus is not like the vagina. It can’t lubricate itself. That is why lubricants are your best friend in bed for anal sex.
Here are two main options to consider:
- Oil-based lubricants
- Water-based lubricants
Oil-based lubes are known to last longer, but you can’t use silicone toys with them. You can’t also use condoms as the material could suffer from tearing due to the oil.
Water-based lubes are the more comfortable option. It’s compatible with both condoms and silicone toys. It is also easier to clean up afterward.
A third option could also be considered in special desensitizing anal lubes. Although, we DON’T recommend it!
Feeling pain helps you know that something may be wrong with your body. That is why a numbing solution is never a great idea. This stops you from noticing the tingling sensation of having a small tear happen.
As a result, this could potentially lead to serious problems if the damage continues.
You’ll still feel it hurt once the numbing cream wears off. The sign of pain means that your anus wasn’t relaxed enough. So, always keep track of some foreplay first.
Not every woman out there has a man that could fully satisfy them.
Sometimes it’s just all about knowing which anal sex toy to use. But ‘how will I know?’ you might ask.
Well, the best choices are always the ones that could get her into the mood. It not only prepares her to finish strong but also has her looking for more.
Don’t use anal sex toys on your partner without trying it yourself!
Again, don’t be afraid to experiment. You need to understand how the receiver feels to know which ones work best in the bedroom.
You need to know:
- How the anal toy functions and feels inside
- How much lubricant do you have to use
- What parts of the toy make it feel good or bad
So what are examples of anal sex toys you could use?
The common ones include: (1) The anal douche, (2) butt plug, (3) anal wand, and (4) anal beads.
Here’s a breakdown:
“Isn’t the anal douche the one you used to clean your butthole with?”
Well, yes. But you could do so much more with it. Hear me out.
You could shower together with your partner and experiment using the douche. It is one of the best ways to introduce them to the wonders of butt play. Some products even have this nozzle that makes them specially equipped for anal.
You could use a water-based lubricant and have the douche slowly penetrate you or your partner. The narrow tip won’t hurt the soft tissue of the anal opening, making it unlikely to feel any discomfort.
Don’t you get worried about making a mess, either. The anal douche could act as BOTH a sex toy and a cleaning tool. Just apply some breathing techniques to get the internal sphincter muscles all relaxed for the clean-up process.
You could move your anal adventures to the bedroom if the bathroom doesn’t quite cut it. And one of the more interesting sex toys you could try out is the butt plug.
Yes, you heard that right. THE BUTT PLUG!
Here at SexualAlpha, we only recommend butt plugs made of body-safe, non-porous silicone.
Start with something slim and small. Then, slowly move your way up as you or your partner get used to it. This toy is perfect for your woman to open up and relax her sphincter muscles before sex.
Vibrating butt plugs could also be used to spice things up a little bit. This could give her some extra stimulation and could have her let out the wildest MOANS.
Anal wands are another great anal sex toy option. They’re similar to butt plugs in some respects, and you could get a broad range of sizes to play with.
All you need is lube, and you could have the MAGIC start from there. Vibrating anal wands are also a thing. So that’s got you covered on that end.
Anal beads and anal wands tend to confuse some people. However, it’s not that hard to know which one’s which.
Anal wands are more compact and rigid, while anal beads are held together with a cord or string.
What makes beads great is that they are more compatible with the anal canal and rectum. They are also a perfect alternative for those who feel discomfort using anal wands. Just apply some water-based lubricant to the toy and anus, and start experimenting.
Starting with Foreplay
Don’t just go into anal without doing some foreplay. You’re not a monster!
Eat her out for a while. Massage her anus. Play with her sensitive zones.
Do some experimenting! You could do a lot of things before going into penetration.
Luckily for you, this article’s going to give you some foreplay techniques or positions you could try out before anal:
The Forbidden Fruit
- Have her kneel on the bed with her legs open. Make sure her body is straight, and the head is down.
- Let her rest her weight on her elbows while you kneel behind her.
- Then start performing anilingus. You could also play with her vagina if you want her to feel double the pleasure. Use your lips, tongue, or lubricated fingers to massage any of the erogenous zones.
- It’s one of the easiest sex positions to do.
- It is quite effective in stimulating the woman’s G-spot.
- You could easily reach any of her sensitive areas, thanks to the positioning.
- The position tends to tire out the knees. So, doing it in other places besides the bed could get painful. A solution you could do is to use a cushion if you’re up to do it on the floor, for example.
The Water Fountain
- Let the woman sit on a counter.
- Kneel on the ground and have yourself positioned between her legs.
- Have her lean back while you spread her legs gently.
- Then, eat her out. You can even have her legs rest on your shoulders or upper back if you want her to be more comfortable.
- The position is great for stimulating the woman’s clit.
- You could also two-time by eating her out while playing with the anus.
- The Water Fountain is a great position to try experimenting with the use of an anal douche.
- Kneeling on the floor could get painful for longer periods.
- The counter may not support the woman’s weight.
Other Tips to Keep in Mind
- Stimulate the erogenous areas. This could range from the back of her neck, inner thigh, stomach, soles of the feet, and even the pubic mound. Do some stroking, kissing, or licking, and for sure, she’ll get more aroused and wet.
- Go for vibrating toys. Get her juices flowing using either a vibrating wand or butt plug. Stroke her butt cheeks while you’re at it. Let her feel all the sensations to make her beg for more and for you.
- Multitask. Stimulate all her sensitive areas at the same time. You have a lot of tools at your disposal. Don’t be afraid to use all of them.
Anal Sex Positions: Beginner Level
Here are 4 sex positions to try out for first-timers:
- Lie on a pillow, like you’re in a normal sleeping position.
- Have her stand over you with their feet on either side of your torso.
- Then, let them squat gently on your erect penis. You could have her hands rest on your chest if you want them to have extra support.
- You could have great eye contact with your partner.
- The erogenous areas are easy to reach and caress.
- You could have the woman take control of how much of your shaft she’s putting in.
- The position may not be relaxing for the person on top. This makes it likely that the woman cannot orgasm. What you could do is support her by putting your hands under their butt. This lessens the work they’re putting in and has them feeling comfortable in the long run.
- Have the woman lie down on her side and bend her leg at the knee.
- Lie down behind her, placing the upper leg alongside hers.
- Lubricate the penis and start slowly penetrating her from the anus. Then, you could reach around her clitoris if you want to stimulate her vagina. The rocking motion keeps the penetration at a steady pace giving the woman freedom to adjust to her comfort.
- The position is easy and relaxing for both partners.
- The woman can control how much depth she can take from the man’s penis.
- It is great for vaginal and anal stimulation at the same time.
- The position prevents you from thrusting too deeply. But in return, you’ll orgasm easier thanks to how tight the anus is.
- It prevents eye contact with your partner.
- Have her lie on the bed while placing a cushion or pillow under her butt.
- Extend her arms along her body and have yourself kneel between their legs.
- Then, raise one of her legs, holding her ankle or thigh.
- Finally, you could start penetrating her gently with your lubricated penis.
- It is a comfortable position for beginners.
- It is great for face-to-face intimacy.
- The erogenous zones of the woman are easy to reach.
- Stimulating her vagina is done easier with the use of your free hand.
- You can have her control the thrusting motion by using her hands on your hips.
- Your range of motion is small since you are quite down in position.
The Ice Cream
- Kneel with your butt touching your heels.
- Then, have her stand facing away with the feet just outside your knees.
- Gently have her lower herself unto your erect penis, supporting her by guiding her hips. You could then have her put her hands on your thighs while penetrating.
- She could proceed with the up and down motion while you continue to touch her around her sensitive areas.
- The woman has total control over the pace and depth of penetration.
- Stimulating the erogenous zones is made easy thanks to the easier reach.
- Experimenting with different sex toys is made much more fun with this position.
- Kneeling too long can cause you some discomfort.
Anal Sex Positions: Intermediate Level
Let’s take it up a notch!
Here are 4 more positions to try out for those who have some form of experience:
- Have the woman kneel on all fours.
- Then, stand on the balls of your feet, crouching down on the woman, straddling her hips. Make sure to have your weight rest on one of your clenched fists on the ground.
- Use your free hand to guide your erect shaft into her anus.
- Afterward, place that free hand down where you can now start making the rocking motion.
- The crouching position is a much more comfortable alternative to the known doggie style.
- It is also great for deep penetration.
- You could easily kiss or caress your partner.
- And you could also easily stimulate her clitoris from your angle.
- The woman can’t control how much of the man’s penis she can take. This makes communication between individuals much more important for a pain-free and fun experience.
The Sleeping Beauty
- Have her lie on the bed face down, inserting a bolster pillow under her hip area.
- Stand over her in a lunging position. Place one foot near the hips of your partner and one near the feet.
- Crouch down towards her using a clenched fist to support your weight.
- Then, penetrate her gently.
- It is an excellent position for experimenting as it stops you from penetrating her too deeply or too hard.
- You’ll have a great view of all the action that’s happening.
- The position is comfortable for the woman as her hands, knees, and elbows are all relaxed.
- You are limited with your range of motion.
- You’ll have a hard time stimulating your partner’s clitoris.
The Backwards Cowgirl
- Sit on the bed with your back straight. Then slightly spread your legs apart.
- Have the woman kneel, positioning her knees on both sides of your thighs. Then, slowly have her move backward.
- Let her take control as she lowers herself to your lubricated penis. Support her using your knees, where you could then proceed with a slow back and forth motion.
- This position puts the woman in charge.
- You would have an easier time fondling her breasts and stimulating her clit.
- You, as the giver, can’t do much in terms of control. You just have to give in and let the pleasure and ecstasy take over.
The Basset Hound
- Let her kneel on the bed, thrusting her hips into the air. Make sure to have her hands support the upper body putting her head up.
- Then, kneel behind your partner, positioning your knees beside hers.
- Put your hands on her butt cheeks and hips where you would then slowly penetrate her with your erect shaft.
- You’ll be given a great view of your woman’s back and ass.
- You are given control of how much effort you put in on that thrust.
- The position is also great for reaching her erogenous areas like the thighs or clitoris.
- The woman is at a disadvantage as she can’t control the depth and pace of penetration.
Anal Sex Positions: Advanced Level
Now, let’s move to the final stage!
Here are 3 sex positions recommended for those more experienced ‘athletes’:
The Downward Dog
- Have her on all fours.
- Then, kneel behind her positioning your legs side by side. Make sure to have her knees spread apart.
- Put one of her hands behind her back. Then place your free hand on the nape of her neck.
- Finally, penetrate her anus with your lubricated penis. You could control your thrusts by using your hands to support her body.
- This sex position is great for partners who like to be submissive.
- Putting restraints could be a turn-on for some people, making them get amazing orgasms.
- Your hands are pretty much full in this position. So you can’t do a lot of stuff in terms of pleasuring her other sensitive areas.
The Eiffel Tower
- Stand behind your partner, putting your groin area near the ass cheeks.
- Have her bend forward where you position both of your legs beside hers. Then, let her touch the floor bending forward using her hands. You could have her use a chair as support instead if she has difficulty reaching the ground.
- Then, penetrate her gently with your hands on her hips.
- You could do the position in any part of your house.
- It is also great for experiments. This is especially true for couples who are into the BDSM culture.
- And, of course, you’ll have a fantastic view of your S.O. while you’re at it.
- Great height differences between partners could make it challenging to stay in position for more extended periods.
- It could also be uncomfortable for some men and women out there as they are basically upside down.
- You cannot do much as reaching their erogenous zones could be hard.
The Intimate Launch Pad
- Have the woman lie on their back.
- Then, bring her knees up towards her shoulders. Make sure you are helping her in wrapping her arms around the inside of their legs by holding their ankles or feet.
- Kneel, positioning your knees to both sides of her butt cheeks.
- Then, support your weight by placing both of your hands on your partner’s thighs.
- Gently penetrate her afterward using your hands as the guide.
- Your hands are free to explore other erogenous areas.
- ‘Multitasking’ with a finger or toy could be done much easier, making your partner BEG FOR MORE while ejaculating!
- You have to be flexible in doing this method.
So that’s all the anal sex positions we have for you!
Hopefully, you’ve learned a thing or two.
Remember that it’s all about communication. So make sure you and your partner understand one another and that BOTH OF YOU respect each other’s boundaries.
If you do, you’d undoubtedly have an OUT-of-this-world anal experience.